! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Windows 10 will be free for software pirates - Page 11/26

Subject: Windows 10 will be free for software pirates
« <> »
psnality 30.07.15 - 12:46pm
Creating a bootable usb stick with windows tool, I'll wait until later to see if I've still had no install notification.
Not sure if using the usb tool I can still upgrade and keep everything or is it just a clean install tool though.
Hmm maybe if I back everything up just in case. * +

mandain 30.07.15 - 01:32pm

@ psnality - 30.07.15 - 06:43am
I have it downloaded but still no install notification

So how did you have it downloaded? Was it done automatically or did you manually do it? * +

mandain 30.07.15 - 01:38pm
Anyway I ain't impressed, what's this big oopla about the start button being back? It's nothing like the start button of old, and now I can't get to view all apps in the one metro screen i but have to scroll through this new start menu? To me the start menu is no different to windows 8.1 which boots to desktop first anyway, so far only thing I liked is the task view * +

psnality 30.07.15 - 01:44pm

@ mandain - 30.07.15 - 01:32pm
So how did you have it downloaded? Was it done automatically or did you manually do it?

It downloaded automatically but didn't say to install, apparently it might be because my computer needs a fix for some things and it's waiting for an update to be made so it can install seamlessly. * +

mandain 30.07.15 - 01:45pm

@ tranie - 30.07.15 - 10:12am
i have just updated mine, and pleasantly surprised at the moment. Not to enamoured with the task bar, and it seems like cortana is not available in the UK or at least thats what its telling me. But im sure i will get used to it. Took me a few weeks to get used to win 8 and i hated that at first. So thats a step up as i dont instantly hate win 10.

Think cortana is only in the U.S. For now, as for windows 10 I'm having an instant dislike at first impression mainly due to the hype and positive reviews I guess, I admit I haven't explored it and got used to it yet, but for all the ones that slagged off windows 8, you're praising this? * +

mandain 30.07.15 - 01:49pm

@ psnality - 30.07.15 - 01:44pm
It downloaded automatically but didn't say to install, apparently it might be because my computer needs a fix for some things and it's waiting for an update to be made so it can install seamlessly.

So have you checked in windows update and updated anything relevant? * +

nobyboy 30.07.15 - 02:40pm
Upgraded today, got windows 10 pro * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-26
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page