! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

OMG!! Raspberry PI 2 B+ - Page 4/6

Subject: OMG!! Raspberry PI 2 B+
« <> »
usbcable 7.09.15 - 11:57pm
I should add I use a pair of Beyerdynamic DT880 headphones connected to the on board headphone amp on the Pi DAC+ board. The output from the board will drive them loud if I wanted. I'm very pleased with this little setup and the sound it gives which is much like that of high end CD players. * +

usbcable 2.10.15 - 06:05pm
Debian Jessie is out for raspberry pi folks! Lots of changes, additions and improvements.

As it's had so many changes it's recommended to do a fresh install of the OS on a new blank SD card as there could be issues with upgrading an older OS version. * +

usbcable 4.10.15 - 12:52am
Hmmm.. There's a problem already lol.gif they didn't think to ship this OS with wifi device drivers so wifi won't work unless you connect over wired Ethernet and download the correct driver for your USB wifi adapter first. * +

tranie 28.11.15 - 08:15am
just ordered a raspberry pi 2 to use as my kodi box, hoping the streaming of 1080 hd is as good as they say. Gonna be left with my old raspberry pi B havnt decided what to do with it yet, may make it into a retro games machine. * +

norega 29.11.15 - 12:49pm

@ tranie - 28.11.15 - 08:15am
just ordered a raspberry pi 2 to use as my kodi box, hoping the streaming of 1080 hd is as good as they say. Gonna be left with my old raspberry pi B havnt decided what to do with it yet, may make it into a retro games machine.

Good idea i used the newer version to do the same as the original was a little underperforming with some emulators * +

tranie 29.11.15 - 01:20pm

@ norega - 29.11.15 - 12:49pm
Good idea i used the newer version to do the same as the original was a little underperforming with some emulators

when you say original pi are you talking about the 256 mb or the 512 mb ? im gonna be left with a 512 mb raspberry pi, if its not going to be able to handle it i may just use it as a vpn. Also decided to upgrade my adsl cable, been using the one supplied by talk talk so bought a professional cat 6e cable hoping thats gonna put a decent signal into the router, already got a cat 6e ethernet cable into the pi. * +

usbcable 29.11.15 - 10:33pm
I've changed to the new Debian Jessie OS on my Raspberry Pi 2. It's awesome! The install includes extras such as an email app, office apps, java programming apps, an application search, install and removal tool. Also you can install downloaded application .deb install files just by double clicking on them so no need to open up terminal and type dpkg install type commands.
Another thing the WIFI setup is on the shortcut bar for easy access. There's also a USB memory device eject button on the shortcut bar too. And a start menu editor so you can configure menus how you want. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-6
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index