! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Help me choose wisely - Page 1/1

Subject: Help me choose wisely
Replies: 5 Views: 1725

kogul5 12.01.15 - 08:39pm
Howzit guys,i'm looking for a backlit keyboard, but not just any keyboard, a el-cheapo one with some bells and whistles. I know u guys will advise me to save up and buy something decent and let me know that you get what u pay for. The festive season rocked my pockets so I'm only willing to spend a thousand(RANDS).In a local catalogue(computer mania)I seen GX imperator black(think its backlit) -R449.00,GX manticore-R899.00 and also CM storm devastator KB MOUSE combo for R499.00.my reason for backlit is my room gets oven hot in summer(its summer now) and my room's light is adding more heat, so I don't use it any more. Any personal experiences with the above mentioned products? * +

newt182 12.01.15 - 09:08pm
Buy an energy saving light bulb, or even better an LED one and save money your electricity bill too.

I don't know about the current keyboards, especially not in the low price range. I have a ROCCAT Isku that is pretty good, much better than my old Razer keyboard. * +

kogul5 13.01.15 - 02:56pm
Thanks for the info @newt,I did not even know LED light bulbs existed,...anyway I went with the GX manticore,as this is my first backlit keyboard I'm pretty impressed,works perfect.....but then again I prayed pretty hard not for it to be a lemon. * +

mok214 13.01.15 - 03:42pm
I looked up lighted keyboards on Amazon and was amazed at all the junk out there. What was even worse was that I would see one model from a manufacturer that had good reviews, and then search for more models from the same manufacturer and see a bunch of door stops.
I guess that is why I settled for a simple Amazon Basics keyboard that has now lasted me for five years without any problems. Richeet3.gif * +

dakillar 14.01.15 - 08:18am
I use the Razer Black Widow Ultinate 2013. More than happy with it, i am not so much worried about the backlights. The machanical switches is a treat to my ears and fingers. * +

ndrau 12.07.15 - 08:48pm
Crazy Store have little book lights for R5 just hot glue it onto your keybord THERE PROBLEM SOLVED ...... *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search