! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Long windows install - Page 2/3

Subject: Long windows install
« <> »
norega 13.12.14 - 06:11pm
if the dvd was at fault it would not even start reading the disc so u can rule that out . * +

mok214 14.12.14 - 02:04pm
Hmm, could it be the motherboard controllers? * +

phly_kid 16.12.14 - 06:42pm
How so @mok214. different dvd writer did the same. * +

mok214 16.12.14 - 09:00pm
Motherboard controllers is somewhat of a catchall phrase for me. You have to remember that I am an old school PC tech which means that I remember IDE issues before SATA was in common use. Richeet3.gif * +

mok214 16.12.14 - 09:09pm
Also be sure to try downloading the current motherboard drivers for your system.
Hmm, will Windows 8 Pro work with 1 gigabyte of RAM? I think I remember that Windows XP Pro worked best with at least two gigabytes of RAM. * +

phly_kid 17.12.14 - 08:20am
funny enough windows * consumer preview works fastest according to him. Only issue is, because it was a preview. I doubt there is a way to make it full. We got windows 8 pro because the preview was so smooth however it wont even install. Thats the current dilemna, old school tech might be the answer. I still use and have IDE on my old system. Perhaps an extra 1gb ram will change things. * +

tranie 8.01.15 - 09:42am

@ mok214 - 16.12.14 - 09:09pm
Also be sure to try downloading the current motherboard drivers for your system.
Hmm, will Windows 8 Pro work with 1 gigabyte of RAM? I think I remember that Windows XP Pro worked best with at least two gigabytes of RAM.

windows 8 32 bit edition needs 1 gig of ram just to get going, if your computer has 1 gig of ram to begin with then your bios and graphics and a number of other services all take their own piece of that ram, before you know it that 1 gig of ram is now around 700 mb for your operating system and your programs, your friend needs extra ram 4 gig is the absolute minimum you should be working with these days * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index