! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

I need a pc - Page 1/1

Subject: I need a pc
Replies: 5 Views: 1178

psnality 22.11.14 - 08:36am
Been learning about building PCs
Want to build something powerful enough to do the 3d animation capabilities of photoshop and I'm on a budget, want to start cheap
I've been looking on ebay for decent priced quad core old ones with 4gb memory and not worried about a graphics card installed as I want to buy a radeon 7750 for it, I know it's not really a card for high end gaming but I rarely play games to be honest so really wanting it for photoshop and other programmes
Not sure if it's cheaper to buy an old pc then put a new power supply in which I can get cheap for a 500w one and then buy the radeon card
I could try to get one which already has a 300w one installed as I've read that the radeon is low powered so wouldn't need a big power supply
I did see some PC cases on ebay though that were already fitted with 500w and a reasonable graphics card and I could just save up and get one of them as it just seems like a lot of hassle * +

badvok 22.11.14 - 11:53am
your proberly better going for new , sure ebay used can be great bargains but theres also some very dishonest people also sell cr*p!.
Atleast if its new stuff you got a better chance of some warranty past 30days.
* +

psnality 22.11.14 - 12:24pm
I've only been looking at ones with good selling feedback, saw some cheap ones with one year warranty but getting kinda confused which to go for and which ones take only the low profile cards
Think one with quad core, a 300w power supply and about 4 to 8 gig of memory should be enough to power a 7750
Been checking out fierce pc on amazon and eBay, they come fully loaded and look good for the price * +

newt182 22.11.14 - 04:41pm
Build your own. It will be cheaper (if only slightly) but you will have more control over which parts are used. The rock bottom priced pre-built PC's on ebay usually have parts in them which are dirt cheap. I think that's how they make up the profit. Like sticking the cheapest PSU they can find in them. * +

nobyboy 22.11.14 - 04:56pm
be carful though, i wanted to build myself a budget pc and if i add the parts up in my pc on parts checker its like 1000gbp worth. * +

psnality 22.11.14 - 05:26pm
Oh I can find good cheap parts, I just need a good base loaded with maybe windows 7, quad core and 4gb
Been trying to bid for some, seen some really good ones go for really cheap
Just want one that takes full cards and not low profile ones *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search