! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Solar Power. - Page 3/3

Subject: Solar Power.
« <
spartan2 1.11.14 - 05:15pm
Net positive output was achieved just recently in fact. So much for no progress. tea.gif If it works by 2050 the world is saved.

If governments were really smart they would decentralise energy production anyway. Every new property, business and private with mandatory solar and wind power capability and retrofit everything else best you can. You could run what's left with hamster wheels then after half a century * +

spartan2 1.11.14 - 05:22pm
That's very expensive in the short term and incredibly smart in the long term. Solar windows. Just think about having all that distributed energy, where your house can feed the businesses and workplaces during the day and vice versa in the evenings and night.

But we can't have governments being super smart for the long term now can we? That doesn't win elections 30 years down the road. * +

mok214 2.11.14 - 05:42pm
If you're depending on the government to do it for you, you might as well throw in the towel now. Well , that or you just might end up with a totalitarian dictatorship. * +

pieterpj 5.11.14 - 05:52pm
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 04, 2014
SunPower Announces 160-Megawatt Solar Panel Manufacturing Facility in South Africa * +

norega 5.11.14 - 07:30pm
I have a solar panel on my house and its saved me a fortune the 2 years i have been in this house . It only heats water but with the price of gas and electric its well worth having . Not used any gas since early march and still not used it since and have tank full of boiling water every day * +

mok214 7.11.14 - 12:45am
That's a solar water heater and is not the same as solar power. Though it does save one a lot of money if you live in the right environment, it is not a cure all that could meet energy needs around the world. * +

pieterpj 15.11.14 - 06:40pm

@ mok214 - 7.11.14 - 12:45am
That's a solar water heater and is not the same as solar power. Though it does save one a lot of money if you live in the right environment, it is not a cure all that could meet energy needs around the world.

Thank you for sharing *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum