! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

virgin superhub settings - Page 1/5

Subject: virgin superhub settings
Replies: 30 Views: 2411
> »
maniac13 13.09.14 - 01:40pm
are there any setting that you suggest should be changed ie unclickin the firewall setting * +

kazannts 13.09.14 - 02:27pm
No, leave them alone unless you have a problem and if you do, phone Virgin first. Some of them actually know what they're talking about * +

norega 13.09.14 - 08:01pm
Use it as a modem and get a proper router. Isp routers are cr*p no two ways about it * +

newt182 13.09.14 - 09:31pm
Name one feature the Virgin Media Superhub doesn't have that most people will need? Explain why it is cr*p? It's a Netgear router, probably worth about 70-100 pounds, or that's how much you would pay for an equivalent. * +

norega 13.09.14 - 10:12pm
1 its range is dreadfull .I have the superhub and at just 30 feet to my front room the speed is shocking and i can even pick up the piece of cr*p in my garden with my ipad . With my bullion router i get full speed connection even at the end of my street .2 it has no usb support the socket is there but not supported so no network usb storage.3 Did i say its range is cr*p? 4 its got limited memory onboard that effects multiple connections and it struggles bad with more than 3 devices running 1080p video. 5 it has a single core cpu that in this day and age it a joke .5 Its no way worth 70-100 pounds more like 50 top . Bypass it and use a decent router the benifits are woth it . Most people that no fk all about netwoking will say its fine and dandy but even a cheap router from someone like tplink will outperform it greatly . Just google search how bad the piece of cr*p is .
* +

norega 13.09.14 - 10:15pm
I can connect 2 dvds 2 smart tvs a ps4 a ps3 ,xbox360 ,xbone,wii u ,wii ipad iphone and 2 desktops and 2 laptops and stream 1080p to each one at the same time without any buffering on dual channels . Try that on a superhub it wont happen * +

norega 13.09.14 - 10:20pm
If you dont know no better and it works for you all the best but you are better off with a 3rd party router on any uk isp
* +

mok214 13.09.14 - 11:06pm
Another alternative to a Wi-Fi booster can be getting a decent USB Wi-Fi adaptor and a good antenna. I use one for my laptop and it outperforms the built in Wi-Fi by so much that it is just no contest.

I have both a Wi-Fi adaptor and antenna from ALFA Networks and I can connect to the the library Wi-Fi across the street from my basement apartment with 100 percent signal strength. The complete setup cost me about 50 USD.

BTW. Most Wi-Fi routers have a lousy antenna which is usually just a short piece of lossy wire, and the routers are usually extremely underpowered too. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-5
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search