! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Windows 9 - Page 4/12

Subject: Windows 9
« <> »
banbury 27.08.14 - 07:05pm
the idea of having a do everything operating system that covers all devices may be ideal for microsoft and cost effective, but in principle it just doesnt work, as they have now discovered. You could also argue that apps are out of place desktop, and indeed accordimg to a recent survey the majority only want apps on mobile devices, which is where they belong in my opinion. * +

banbury 27.08.14 - 07:12pm
(please excuse any typing errors lol) * +

norega 27.08.14 - 07:47pm
Im only using windows for gaming .I do nearly everything else on mac os or linux mint * +

norega 27.08.14 - 07:48pm

@ alvar89 - 27.08.14 - 04:42pm
8.1 has come a long way since the original 8. This time around im not even using start is back and i like it in some weird way lol if you set the same wallpaper to the modern start it makes the transition smooth and enjoyable. All the new stuff added to the menu like power button, taskbar jumping in and an x to close apps and _ to minimize them etc. The overall feel of the os is fast and fluid i really got used to it. And right clicking on the startbutton brings up most of the stuff normally in a start menu as a list anyway.

Doesn't feel no faster than windows 7 to me .The days of a sluggish OS are long gone thanks to ssd drives . * +

banbury 28.08.14 - 08:01pm
I honestly believe that conventional hard drives in new laptops are actually getting slower rather than faster. These days they are just focussed around being more energy efficient than speed. My laptop is core i7 ivy bridge, 8gb ram and its slow as hell on windows 8.1. Once its booted up its ages before you can actually do anything. I often find myself going back to my core i3 vaio which has 6gb or ram and runs much faster on windows 7. * +

banbury 28.08.14 - 08:08pm
or is it the operating system thats to blame?! Valid question dont you think. My vaio flys. * +

mok214 30.08.14 - 04:11am

@ nobyboy - 27.08.14 - 09:28am
Nothing wrong with windows 8, with start is back it's just like 7 but faster

A good OS should not need a major GUI redisign to make it better. Facepalm.gif * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-12
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index