! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

camera digital slr canon vs nikon - Page 5/6

Subject: camera digital slr canon vs nikon
« <> »
d14nova 28.08.14 - 03:30am
my friend offered used old camera canon 20d with 75-300mm lens,is the camera worth to practice photograph for beginner? and why occur 99 error in canon? * +

norega 28.08.14 - 02:46pm
20d is an old camera by todays standards but its a good old camera and will take brilliant pictures in the right hands and way better than a point and shoot or a camera phone . It is a semi pro model so has all the buttons for functions to hand so no diving into camera menus to find things like iso and shutter speed etc. A good camera to start with without spending money is always good and a semi pro model is even better . I would though get a wider lens like 10-20mm if shooting landscapes * +

norega 28.08.14 - 02:47pm
Or the trusty 50mm prime lens for steet photography and portraits etc . Let me know how you get on * +

norega 28.08.14 - 02:48pm
As for error 99 check canons website as all error codes are listed there in this link .http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/product_ranges/cameras/eos/error_codes/Err99 * +

d14nova 1.09.14 - 12:14am
is 55mm lens stanrdard could take a small object like insect or I need other lens like macro lens? and which better for aperture large or small to take photo small object? * +

veronee 2.09.14 - 04:20pm
standard lenses come in 18 to 55mm range, this is what you would call widescreen or normal, the 18mm size we would use to capture the landscape images, like mountain ranges etc etc, now at the other end we will use the 55mm this is more for taking pictures of people and likes, seen those passport photos and selfies, these are portrait. the standard point and shoot cameras have a wide range of focal distance, but DSLR cameras we have to swap for a different lens, BUT you do not loose quality but gain. second hand is the way to go more cheaper than new, you can find a decent selection of second * +

veronee 2.09.14 - 04:27pm
hand cameras in the WEX website. the maker choice is upto you, i chose cannon because i do astrophotograghy and cannon see hydrogen better. one must remember the camera produces just an image, its the person behind the lens that adds the creative flair * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-6
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index