! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Using a pc with a blown capacitor - Page 3/3

Subject: Using a pc with a blown capacitor
« <
mok214 25.08.15 - 06:04pm
What they say and what is fact can be two wildly different things. It always pays to take an extra step so you don't end up blowing the cost of a replacement motherboard. * +

ungers 27.08.15 - 08:10am

@ mok214 - 25.08.15 - 06:02am
This.

Motherboards have metals that can melt when exposed to heat from a soldering gun, so you clip these on to dump the heat before it reaches something fragile. Soldering has long been used before there were any electronics. Take copper pipes for example, you also used heatsinks so you wouldn't risk setting anything on fire.

Ok, so what is wrong with the way i do it?....i simply prefer not to desolder it, cos why take any kind of risk?... * +

mok214 27.08.15 - 09:40pm
I am not saying you are doing it wrong, I just take extra steps as insurance. Since I do not have extra money to throw away on my screw ups, it just gives me peace of mind. * +

flintstone 30.08.15 - 11:20am
Modern motherboards use solid caps with 10-20 k life * +

norega 30.08.15 - 07:29pm

@ flintstone - 30.08.15 - 11:20am
Modern motherboards use solid caps with 10-20 k life

The can blow and do burst though as i have replaced them * +

batman69 30.08.15 - 10:09pm
dont keep using it it will make more dmg in the long run that compositor is now just a wire pretty much or and most the volts will just bypass that path to another easy path making that1 take more power then should by it blowing it up its alrdy put a strain on your chips any way might not seen by the eye but some things just need the smallest ESD to fry it just remove it an replace it its only a 5min job 30 an capacitor are cheep or just hold out the few days till replaced *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index