! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

adding another hdd - Page 1/6

Subject: adding another hdd
Replies: 41 Views: 4094
> »
nobyboy 21.07.14 - 08:32am
My 750gb had is full, how easy is it to add another hard drive? Just plug it in? But will i have 2 seperate locations? * +

kazannts 21.07.14 - 10:48am
Very easy. 4 screws, 2 connections and its done. * +

newt182 21.07.14 - 06:02pm
Yeah just plug it in to a SATA port. This is what mine looks like

(G: is a partition, not a physical drive) * +

meghertz 22.07.14 - 12:58am
yep. open the case, put it in, connect cables, close case, turn on computer. Now, occasionally you might not see a new disk in Computer, if that happens, right click Computer, click Manage, then Storage, then look for the black disk. Right click, create partition, give it a drive letter. done. * +

mok214 22.07.14 - 01:05am
Exactly.gif * +

meghertz 22.07.14 - 02:06am
also: http://i.imgur.com/86bjdMK.jpg you can shove as many in as you like; you're limited by sata connectors on your motherboard, power connectors on your power supply and spaces in your case. You can get creative though, like, if there's holes screws can go through, slap that badboy on. SSDs can even be left to dangle, but not close to fans lol all the drives on my list are internal. the SSD is tucked under the motherboard. * +

norega 22.07.14 - 09:44am
Why so many partitions newt . I have 4.5tb in my computer on 2 x 2tb hdd's and 2 x 250gb ssd's and they are all single partitions . And you still have a optical drive lol.gif thought those were extinct . Di you actually use that thing ? U havent put one in a new build for years * +

mok214 22.07.14 - 03:15pm
That reminds me of my laptop. It had three partitions with two of them being really small. Since they only contained proprietary disk images, I promptly removed those partitions. Then I discovered that one partition had all my drivers. Facepalm.gif Luckily HP has a driver package that hasty people like me can download. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-6
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search