! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Free Bitdefender License - 9 months - Page 2/4

Subject: Free Bitdefender License - 9 months
« <> »
newt182 23.07.14 - 09:29pm
The people who create malware test against the most popular anti virus. It's no coincidence that Norton, McAfee and especially Microsoft Security Essentials are s**t. MSE is the worst anti virus you could use at the moment. For a brief period a few years ago MSE suddenly became good, very good, and so every single person who knew anything about computers recommended it to EVERYONE! Everyone used it, made it easier for hackers to create their viruses and stuff as everyone is using it, MS can't keep up, everything goes down hill for MSE and it becomes complete and utter cr*p. * +

mok214 24.07.14 - 03:05am
Erm, show me the proof. And it better not be a link to or a copy and paste from someone's blog.
Methinks you have Norton Internet Security confused for Microsoft Security Essentials. Or maybe you are sill using Windows XP. Lol.gif * +

newt182 24.07.14 - 12:37pm
You really aren't worth my time. I already posted links to independent testing organisations in the topic in general that showed MSE is consistently the worst AV you can get. I guess you weren't capable of following the thread and called me a troll even though it was you who is trolling. * +

mok214 24.07.14 - 04:09pm
That topic was exactly what I was thinking of. Those so-called independent testers were paid to do that research by antivirus companies, probably just to slam Microsoft. And Googling for results to find those sites probably forced your antivirus to stop a few drive by downloads.
Guess what? Even the best antivirus server companies like TotalVirus use Microsoft Security Essentials. Don't get me wrong, they use just about every dependable antivirus software available.

BTW, you have a temper tantrum every time someone does not slavishly agree with you, which started your trolling of me. * +

newt182 24.07.14 - 04:16pm
You must mean VirusTotal and they are simply a site that run a file you upload through a number of AV software, so what if they use MSE? It just helps show you how bad MSE is when VirusTotal shows you other AV catching something but not MSE.

''Those so-called independent testers were paid to do that research by antivirus companies.'' Even if they are, what is your point? Are you saying MS doesn't have enough money to get their AV from the bottom of the list in the tests? Also I now want your proof that they are paid by AV makers and they are giving out biased results now.gif

You talk so much s**t Mok. * +

mok214 24.07.14 - 04:17pm
No, I have more years experience than you. Get it right, kiddo. * +

mok214 24.07.14 - 04:20pm
And the point of paid testers are that they are starting their so-called research biased. So that is why I never trust them, they formed an opinion and then proved it. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index