! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Dell inspiron mini 1011 overheating help please - Page 1/3

Subject: Dell inspiron mini 1011 overheating help please
Replies: 17 Views: 1510
> »
kenny160 2.07.14 - 06:12pm
help me please my dell inspiron mini is overheating most especialy whle using it for internet it will be hanging it seems is a fanless laptop with intel atom what can i do i dont want it to damage the motherboard any idea please? and also is there any ideal may be the laptop has bluetooth? Coz i dont see it in it thanks. * +

kazannts 3.07.14 - 01:22pm
Best you can hope for is to buy a cooler for the notebook to sit on. * +

kenny160 4.07.14 - 08:13am
okay thank you but how is the cooler working is goin to have a fan with wire? Or how? * +

newt182 4.07.14 - 02:51pm
Powered by USB. Clean dust from the vents. Check which programs are using CPU resources.

Personally I would look into taking it apart and reapplying some good thermal paste, but you would void your warranty and could damage it. * +

mok214 4.07.14 - 09:14pm
1: Look at your power settings and select power saver mode, that will let your laptop run cooler.
2: A cooling pad will help a lot.
3:Make sure the vents are not dusty. * +

kazannts 5.07.14 - 08:58am
Yes it has Bluetooth. Go to the control panel, alter view to small icons and you'll find Bluetooth, double click on it and enable it. Right, after a quick google i found these notepads are known for not coping with more than 3applications running at once, so do what newt suggested and see what's running. You can't treat it like a normal laptop, it wont cope. It only has 1gb ram and is running windows7, be better off with winXp on it, but that might not be an option, depending on drivers. * +

kenny160 5.07.14 - 11:35pm
thanks @all i appreciate you all i wil do as you advice me may God bless you abundantly * +

kazannts 6.07.14 - 01:21pm

@ kenny160 - 5.07.14 - 11:35pm
thanks @all i appreciate you all i wil do as you advice me may God bless you abundantly

Hopefully not, ill probably burst into flames ;D * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index