! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

2 OS in 1 laptop? - Page 1/3

Subject: 2 OS in 1 laptop?
Replies: 15 Views: 1563
> »
d14nova 8.06.14 - 08:09am
I have a laptop with window 8 OS,is possible have dual OS in one laptop or notebook?if possible I want to combine to install linux ubuntu operating system with window 8 OS in one laptop,and how can I do the tips and the way? * +

boot 8.06.14 - 12:42pm
tried a few distros with w7 an looks like w8 is the same. just shrink partition t make room, change boot order in bios then install from disk or usb flash drive.

as for which tools there are a few t choose from. u can use w8 disk management to shrink it in half if thats all the space you need. * +

4juice 8.06.14 - 06:25pm
Yes you can, i did it in the past before deciding ubuntu is s**t afterall if you are just an average computer user. * +

d14nova 8.06.14 - 06:37pm
yes thanks just curious my nephew said that linux is for high user computer to have much more time play computer than work except the work related with computer then linux is nice OS * +

laris02 15.06.14 - 10:43pm
Just get ubuntu wubi install. Simple. No partitioning, nothing. Remove it if u dont like it, or do a full install. * +

laris02 15.06.14 - 10:45pm
By full i meAn u will have to partition it. But its worth it if planning to stick with linux * +

usguy 27.06.14 - 08:14pm
Many types of Linux are no more difficult to use than Windows and are often easier. I have been using Linux for day-to-day office work for years. As @laris said, you will need to dual-boot your computer if you want to still have access to Windows, but for most computers made in the last years that is not a problem. * +

d14nova 27.06.14 - 09:37pm
i am still confusing with linux,i scare crash my window OS if i wrong order to install linux,actually my laptop just to save documents,gaming and editing video or photo nothing more than do that. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search