! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Laptop Can't Hibernate - Page 1/2

Subject: Laptop Can't Hibernate
Replies: 9 Views: 2084
> »
jazz04 1.05.14 - 09:16pm
what could be the problem? when i click on hibernate, it only makes the screen sleep with the power LEDs still ON. and when i press a keyboard key or move the trackpad it powers up the screen and i find myself in the user login screen. I have been to the device manager and observed all devices with power management option and ensured they were unchecked for the option to allow device wake PC....i have disabled hibernate and renabled it via cmd with powercfg.exe /hibernate on command.......... s * +

mok214 1.05.14 - 09:43pm
Look in your power options, you are putting it into sleep mode instead of hibernate. Never use command lines when you have an application to do it. * +

jazz04 1.05.14 - 10:52pm
I am not putting it into sleep mode. there is an hibernate option when i click start button, i select hibernate just beside the shutdown button. * +

mok214 2.05.14 - 12:57am
Sleep mode is what you are describing. In your power options there is a menu of what you want to happen when the Hibernation button is selected. I would bet you ten quid that it is set to sleep. * +

jazz04 2.05.14 - 01:16pm
no. i only know of an option to select what to do when th shut down button is clicked... but not when the hibernate button is clicked.... besides, i dont go into hibernate by clicking the power button, i select hibernate in the shotdown menu that appears on the windows start button.. hope you understand me. i know the computer goes into sleep mode, but why does it go into sleep mode when i click the hibernate option? * +

banbury 4.05.14 - 01:09am
you could try a hammer lol * +

nosfratu 19.05.14 - 08:37pm
Why would you want to use hibernate its the problem of many a crashed HDD coz people forget its in Hibernation and let the power run down. Hibernation and sleep function is the worst ever decission invented...... Uhm maybe not afterall its a very handy way of getting people to buy new hardware haha * +

mok214 20.05.14 - 01:54pm
I just remembered something from my XP days. Sometimes the hibernation file gets corrupted and you have to use Disk Cleanup to remove it. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search