! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Escape from Windows XP - Page 4/4

Subject: Escape from Windows XP
« <
banbury 7.05.14 - 05:44am
well one thing is certain, the Royal Navy is now so small its no longer considered an effective force at sea, and for the first time in its history its smaller than the French navy. oh and even Switzerland has more tanks than the British army, ironic for a neutral country. although on the positive side the RAF is still considered an effective fighting force, at least according to the National press anyway. but then what do they know?! * +

banbury 7.05.14 - 05:52am

@ spartan2 - 6.05.14 - 08:51am
You can see this with HS1 can't you lol by the time it is finished it will have doubled in cost and not have been remotely worth it

it wont be worth it. they should spend the money on getting the basics right first, and while they are at it they could get the local authorities to fill in a few more potholes on our roads! oh sorry I mean 'voids' that is what the Council call them. * +

banbury 7.05.14 - 05:52am
voids my arse! * +

acidized 7.05.14 - 06:47am
Why don't governments of any country have their own linux distros?
* +

spartan2 7.05.14 - 10:53pm
They probably should. It would be a fairly smart investment IMO. How would it be more expensive to have your own software team updating and improving your specific distro and securing it than paying for a Microsoft one and then paying them 5.5m for a year's support? Seriously, you could have 50 well funded developers working on your own OS 24/7/365 for that sort of money. * +

banbury 14.05.14 - 12:27am
they should have ditched xp by now, they are holding confidential information on millions of citzens, regardless if its medical records or whatever. And its all being stored on what surely is the most insecure operating system on the planet, even with paid updates. Its next of kin to disaster. *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index