! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

High Speed Internet High Ping - Page 1/3

Subject: High Speed Internet High Ping
Replies: 19 Views: 2902
> »
vankurt 8.04.14 - 07:45am
hey there, i am in Kingston, Jamaica and i really enjoy playing an online fps game call Battlefield Heroes, but my problem is that whenever i want to play this game i get excessive lag to the point where it's unplayable. the internet is very very fast. download speed is like 2.5mbps but i have latency prob, is there anyway in which i could lower my ping so that i can play the game without lag? and it doesnt matter the time of day it always lag. but it doesnt lag when i am at my gf's house and * +

veronee 8.04.14 - 08:21pm
lag is not just down to connection on your end but also at the host and server end, you can help speed up fps by running in lower graphics modes, but again lag will show, lag is also affected by region a US player joining a asian server will bomb down to around 250ns even more, where the local palyers will max at 20-50ns. * +

spartan2 8.04.14 - 08:29pm
What is your actual ping when you do a speedtest? What is your ping to say mainland USA servers if you try speedtest.net for example? Run a test. How bad can it be, if it's a good connection your ping shouldn't ever really exceed 100ms to most of the U.S.A. Just check your own connection first then decide if it's somebody elses fault after * +

4juice 8.04.14 - 10:30pm
Try wired connection. * +

vankurt 9.04.14 - 01:11am
speedtest says my ping is 72ms, for some strange reason after i download the windows 8.1 update 1 and then played the game there was no lag at all. but since my roommates got in the lags start now, i know this time the lag is because everyone is streaming either movies or cartoons. but the previous times i usually try in the 4am when everyone is asleep and i still usually get lag * +

brett82 9.04.14 - 07:29am
its your house mates torrenting at night :/ * +

4juice 9.04.14 - 09:12am
They might be asleep but their devices is on. I say, access your modem and kill the connections associate to their devices. * +

raider.1 10.04.14 - 11:24pm
lag is because your pc isn't keeping up nothing to do with bb speed. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum