! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

URGENT HELP NEEDED - Page 1/1

Subject: URGENT HELP NEEDED
Replies: 3 Views: 1442

john_163 1.04.14 - 04:03pm
will afta 1 long day i wasnt able too boot my win cry... now i wana install new os on the same hd n drive... will this delet all my doc,desktop folder???? coz o cnt make any bakup nor boot on safemode... plzzz reply soon... im almost ready to install new os *

newt182 1.04.14 - 04:26pm
You could do a custom install and recover the data from the Windows.old folder. What I would strongly suggest you do is install and update your Antivirus utility immediately after installing.

Boot from the Windows 7 DVD
Click Install Now
Accept License Agreement
When the option is displayed to select an installation type, click (Custom Advanced)

select the disk partition where you would like to install Windows 7 Click Next.

You will receive the following warning:

The partition you selected might contain files from a previous Windows Installation. If it does, these files and folders will be moved to a folder named Windows.old. You will be able to access the information in Windows.old, but you will be able to use your previous version of Windows.

(At all cost, do NOT click anything named Format or Delete or Partition. So even doing a custom install, your personal files are still preserved. Click OK

Setup will now start the installation. During the installation, your machine will be restarted several times.

When the installation is complete, you can complete the Out of Box experience such as selecting your laptop, create a username, password, your time zone. You can then proceed to download the latest updates for Windows and reinstall your applications and drivers.

You can then recover your personal files from the Windows.old folder and reinstall all your applications and drivers.

[link]http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/install-windows-but-keep-my-data/6111d30f-23d2-4151-97b0-4bf55c953861[/link] *

newt182 1.04.14 - 04:30pm
I take no responsibility if something goes wrong.

What you should do is create an OS partition on your HDD. Then you can move your documents and other personal folders to a different location by using the folder settings. If you ever need to reinstall Windows in the future non of your personal files (excluding maybe what you have saved on Desktop) will be deleted.

[link]http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/18629-user-folders-change-default-location.html[/link] *

john_163 1.04.14 - 05:31pm
@ newt182 tnx mate i did... installn.my drivers now ..hug *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search