! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

DirectX 12 Officially Unveiled - Page 5/8

Subject: DirectX 12 Officially Unveiled
« <> »
newt182 12.07.15 - 01:56pm

@ norega - 12.07.15 - 12:54pm
The problem with sli /xfire is it does not scale 1 to 1 never has .The pci-e bandwidth is not fast enough for data to be shares between cards .half frame rendering is how quadro cards scale with true 1 to 1 scalling with as many cards as you can fit in your workstation . But once again its software dependent

That is how dx12 will work with SLI * +

norega 12.07.15 - 02:10pm
I clearly remember you saying sli already scales 1 to 1 when it doesn't. This new feature will only work on newer cards i imagine and i can hardly see it being used when its software dependent and cost extra money and developing costs to implement into the game/program,That and the fact that a single faster card is always better anyways ,This is just more drivel to get people to buy 2 gpu's . * +

newt182 12.07.15 - 04:53pm
''I clearly remember you saying sli already scales 1 to 1 when it doesn't.'' I give you that, I pretty much did say that. I was clearly wrong.

There are no cards out at the moment that support ALL features of DX12 iirc, there are one or two minor thing missing from AMD and Nvidia cards, nothing that important though, the new cards are marketed as being DX12 ready. But, all 9 series Nvidia cards will be able to use DX12 with everything that counts and that includes the way memory will be used. As for the extra costs, it's a new API, it would be pointless to learn how to use a new API but actively try and use a method for using the memory in the old way, it just wouldn't make sense. * +

newt182 12.07.15 - 05:02pm
I tried looking for more info on the other forum I use but it has been buried somewhere in a topic. Anyway, here is the compatibility of DX12 on new cards: [link]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feature_levels_in_Direct3D[/link] I think it's just one of each of the Optional features missing on new cards, both different features, one feature on each manufacturers cards (if you get what I mean). Very minor things. * +

norega 12.07.15 - 06:20pm
Nvidia have stated that the current cards on the market now are not fully DX12 compliant as it requires additional hardware but they are DX12 ready as they can utilize the majority of the DX12 features * +

norega 12.07.15 - 06:22pm

@ newt182 - 12.07.15 - 04:53pm
''I clearly remember you saying sli already scales 1 to 1 when it doesn't.'' I give you that, I pretty much did say that. I was clearly wrong.

There are no cards out at the moment that support ALL features of DX12 iirc, there are one or two minor thing missing from AMD and Nvidia cards, nothing that important though, the new cards are marketed as being DX12 ready. But, all 9 series Nvidia cards will be able to use DX12 with everything that counts and that includes the way memory will be used. As for the extra costs, it's a new API, it would be pointless to learn how to use a new API but actively try and use a method for using the memory in the old way, it just wouldn't make sense.

A rare find on the internet ,Someone admitting they were wrong .good2.gif * +

alvar89 20.08.15 - 04:46pm
Looks like nvidia gets a beating from amd on dx12. Maxwell too weak at dx12? lol.gif * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-8
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index