! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Tablet, DesktopPC, or Lappy? - Page 1/3

Subject: Tablet, DesktopPC, or Lappy?
Replies: 21 Views: 3137
> »
iminuru 28.02.14 - 07:39am
I may look silly asking this,,,hehe. I had an asus lappy (celeron 1.7ghz etc) which is gone, it has been infected, and need BIOS flashing. Then my cousin gave me his obsolete P3, which was fast enough to check n answer my emails etc. a couple of months ago, I bought a used (2ndHand) dell precision 390. Now my that cousin has asked me what I'd like 2 have as a gift, a tablet or a lappy, of course, I wont be asking too much expensive1. plz your advise will be appreciated. I havent used any tabl * +

iminuru 28.02.14 - 07:41am
I havent used any tablet at all... * +

mok214 28.02.14 - 07:47am
Erm.gif * +

banbury 28.02.14 - 04:12pm
personally I have never understand how anyone can replace a computer with a tablet especially a laptop, unless its a windows 7/8 tablet, but considering the great majority buy android or ipads, we will consider that as the main playground. If you can do everything on a tablet that you normally do on your computer then go for the tablet, if not you would be best served with a laptop which also has the portability the desktop lacks. * +

banbury 28.02.14 - 04:16pm
so depending on your computing habits, that will determine if you can make do with a tablet over a laptop, bearing in mind you cant do everything on a mobile operating system. And tablets are hardly a typists dream if you type letters for example. * +

banbury 28.02.14 - 04:25pm
therefore you need to look into you computing habits, but you coud get a laptop and consider a tablet as a future option,and considering android tablets are now a lot cheaper than they were a few years ago you could easily end up with both if you save your money. but I would go for an android tablets because you know ipads are not cheap, and not necessarily any better anyway! * +

iminuru 28.02.14 - 04:49pm
thanks @banbury. * +

banbury 28.02.14 - 05:51pm
however if you type a lot you can buy external keyboards for tablets. Oh and by the way windows tables are usually a lot more expensive. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search