! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

good space gps - Page 1/2

Subject: good space gps
Replies: 14 Views: 2682
> »
4juice 28.01.14 - 03:35pm
Anyone know any good gps that will work on planes? The standard avaition ones are too complicated and expensive for me, i prefer those that is simple as car's. Those that are preloaded with the world map(50:1 is okay) and those that shows latitute and altitute is prefered. And no, i already tried car gps it doesnt 100percent. * +

mok214 28.01.14 - 09:50pm
Use an Android phone with Wi-Fi turned on while you hold it up to the cabin window, you will get accuracy down to 15 meters. Of course airlines frown at phones not in airplane mode, so don't be surprised if a flight marshall cold c*cks you and you end up on the no fly list. Lol.gif * +

bigscoop 29.01.14 - 02:04am
sit on the wing to get a good lock lol.gif non will work very good inside a plane you need access to the gps antenna on outside of it via cable ,if your going to use at the window youd ideally need one that uses both GPS and GLONASS systems Eg Nokia Lumia Windows phone 8 proud.gif more satellites means faster lock * +

4juice 31.01.14 - 06:21pm
Nah, by airplane windows, it barely works. I can only get my map refreshed for like once or twice every hour or so crying maybe i will ask the folks over at airliners.net. Surely there's a topo freak there lol! * +

mok214 31.01.14 - 08:47pm
But an airliners Wi-Fi will include location data provided by its own navigational system. That's why I said use an Android with Wi-Fi and GPS on. * +

4juice 1.02.14 - 10:06am
Which airline have got WiFi confused * +

mok214 2.02.14 - 01:42am
All the major US carriers, Virgin, KAL, JAL, and El Al are the ones I know of that have WiFi. But you can always visit an airlines website to find out for sure. * +

bigscoop 2.02.14 - 04:35am
doesn't fllight mode disable wifi in phones ??? I know you can get round it in nokia symbian as in offline it will just query if you want to use wifi in offline mode , in the new nokia lumias all connections are disabled in flight mode .....

4juice is prob doing some event and he wants to cheat! ,but his long distance walk gps stats is going show average walk speeds of 500 mphlol.gif * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search