! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Wireless keyboard - Page 1/2

Subject: Wireless keyboard
Replies: 11 Views: 1120
> »
mandain 12.01.14 - 03:14am
Recently bought a sony smart tv for my parents, it's got built in wifi and comes with the sony entertainment network which includes YouTube web browser etc, but inputting words through the remote can be a pain, so what solution is there? Anyone did something similar with other TV sets? * +

mok214 12.01.14 - 03:38am
Wireless keyboards eat batteries faster than remotes. The idea is not new, but I cannot remember who else used wireless keyboards with a television. As far as a solution for range and interference goes, don't hold your breath. * +

mandain 12.01.14 - 03:42am
My first concern is to get it to work, btw Bluetooth keyboards can last for months with a set of battery many are also rechargeable * +

mandain 12.01.14 - 03:56am
I know I can get a sony app that will work with their tv's and DVD players, but I'm hoping for an actual physical keyboard, I've gone in to sony's site and the only accessories they have for it is a web cam, samsung on the other hand do have a Bluetooth keyboard for their tv's, and I don't think the sony has Bluetooth built in * +

mandain 12.01.14 - 04:00am
I thought of getting a USB Bluetooth dongle to pair it with an android Bluetooth keyboard I have, but I doubt that will work as them dongles are all made for computers and requires a driver for windows etc, and there is no drivers for a sony tv * +

mandain 12.01.14 - 04:03am
So theoretically that should means that no computer keyboard either wired or wireless will work on this tv right? It's just a little frustrating to think my only option is a sony app * +

bigscoop 12.01.14 - 04:43am
what's your current remote control use to communicate with the tv? Ir or wifi?? * +

mandain 12.01.14 - 04:54am
You mean the remote that came with the tv? Then it must be Infrared, as it works without wifi, idea you mean infrared keyboard? Hmm * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search