! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Harddisk Problem - Page 1/2

Subject: Harddisk Problem
Replies: 9 Views: 1596
> »
curtlink 14.11.13 - 11:02pm
I have a 250gb Western Digital,but it just stopped working when i tried to play a movie from it. Though the movie played but i was like trying to know if its interesting by skipping some paths then the movie hanged.... No response from windows i had to restart and start all over but my hdd wont open it says something of Bad Structure... I've tried checkdisk but to no avail,both the Cmd chkdsk and the normal click and check refused to check and fix it.. * +

curtlink 14.11.13 - 11:04pm
Please what can i do to make my hdd come back to life,all my important files are in there and i need ehm badly.... Please recommend me any hdd fix tools available,either premium or free that can fix them bad sectors because i dont want to format it.... * +

curtlink 14.11.13 - 11:06pm
am running windows 8 on Dell inspiron N5010... Even after these happened my Program files folder was unaccessible i have to use my windows 8 cd to restore windows to factory set which i wiped de computer harddrive and reload the os... Please help thanks * +

metulj 16.11.13 - 03:01am
WD diag tool... for start... extended test * +

mok214 16.11.13 - 09:09am
Go to Western Digital's website, I believe the hard drives need proprietary programs to format the drive. * +

curtlink 17.11.13 - 04:53pm
oh s**t so deres no way am going to get my stuffs? De music is too much,i can endure other things but that is too much for just a format * +

mok214 17.11.13 - 07:11pm
There is a way, but you need another PC to hook up that hard drive to as a slave. This problem probably could have been prevented if you had made a repair disk when you first got your PC. * +

xxzeroxx 17.11.13 - 08:02pm

@ curtlink - 14.11.13 - 11:06pm
am running windows 8 on Dell inspiron N5010... Even after these happened my Program files folder was unaccessible i have to use my windows 8 cd to restore windows to factory set which i wiped de computer harddrive and reload the os... Please help thanks

Upgrade to windows 7.... * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index