! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

processor high interrupts - Page 1/4

Subject: processor high interrupts
Replies: 27 Views: 3410
> »
kenb2321 20.10.13 - 11:54pm
After a recent crash, I ran the resource and performance monitor, and had a few errors. The one that jumped out at me is High average interrupts/ processor. The machine has 4 processors and 9 network cards. Total interrupts/sec on the machine is 59017. The avg interrupts per processor is 14,754.
The only reason that jumped out at me was the last 2-3 months I got 3 bsd and were all clock interrupt error.im still a noob with this and learning as i go, but have no idea what that error is or how to fix it, i dont run alot of programs at once.. and the times i did get bsd and last time it crashed was during games.. I'm running win7 64bit and cpu is i5-2500k . * +

digix2 21.10.13 - 12:00am
tell us the amount of gbs u r ram contain's 1st. * +

kenb2321 21.10.13 - 12:46am
16gb * +

kenb2321 21.10.13 - 12:52am
This crash was wierd.. when it restarted I had no sound, my pc is connected to tv via hdmi.. I got that working again. But before that I went to system restore and all my earlier restrore points were gone too..my windows media player won't even launch..but vlc works great still. Windows update keeps failing to install an update. And my skyrim.esm vanished as my nmm would not even load skyrim. * +

alvar89 21.10.13 - 09:01am
you got your sound working again because the gpu is doing the sound now before it propably was the integrated on the mobo that failed. i would suggest leaving only bare required components in and start testing it. unplug everything not needed leave only your mouse and keyboard in the usb then unplug secondary hdds except the os disk. even unplug the optical drive. * +

alvar89 21.10.13 - 09:04am
then restore optimal defaults in bios so its running stock speeds. then run prime95 various tests and see if it completes the tests without crashing. do it for more than just few hours. leave a thermal monitor on the side so you can see the temps. the problem may only be in your ram also so you can try seperate sticks when it crashes. * +

alvar89 21.10.13 - 09:06am
do you have the latest bios for your mobo? are the ram identical? i doubt its the cpu its propably your psu, mobo or ram. * +

alvar89 21.10.13 - 09:10am
i had a really stupid unstable oc one day that did some weird stuff some files were missing also and untill now my corsair ssd is shown as a unknown device but it loaded up the os when i chose it again and did a bios defaults. some crazy stuff can happen when the cpu and ram are unstable. data loss is the common problem. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search