! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Window Xp vs Window 7 - Page 1/3

Subject: Window Xp vs Window 7
Replies: 21 Views: 3137
> »
vintalia 7.09.13 - 08:23am
I am getting confused between the two windows. Which is the best after a long run..... Your ideas may lead me somewhere. * +

acidized 7.09.13 - 09:29am
Support for windows XP ends this year. So there will be no future updates from microsoft for XP. So yeah I call dibs on Windows 7. * +

vintalia 7.09.13 - 09:55am
I use w7 but i always encounter problems. * +

starlight 7.09.13 - 04:19pm
whichever does the job. they are not that different really. you can do pretty much anything with xp and you can do pretty much anything with 7. if you have problems with 7, install xp. if you like the extended functionality of 7, customize xp. the end of support thing really doesn't phase me. windows works just fine one way or another and never was using much of that 'support' anyway.. the point when you can't get xp to work with the newer tech, switch to 7. or if you like it, keep 7. * +

starlight 7.09.13 - 04:35pm
one way or another, its just an operating system. and both are a pain as for my needs. windows xp is in my opinion, highly underestimated system. as usual, one way or another, its upto user to fix the annoyances integrated into system and as long as that is the case, windows will continue being a pain, windows 8 more then any of the previous versions. as long as systems strive to provide some kind of integrated all-in-one environment, they will continue being a pain. * +

acidized 7.09.13 - 06:26pm
I don't think people understand what end of support means. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/endofsupport.aspx * +

starlight 7.09.13 - 07:34pm
well, off topic: first i see is one porely coded page. to download almost a megabyte of data to show me a piece of text is a joke, admit it. on topic: security risks. there we go again. if an os has -that- many issues that it needs constant security updates and hotfixes.. it means it needs a total rewrite from scratch. and a complete change of aproach all together. if you just take a look at all the default features enabled on default xp installation, probably 7 isn't falling behind. * +

starlight 7.09.13 - 07:42pm
and if you just take a look at all the places in registry where information can be set to execute, services, clsid, microsoft aproved, etc. you see a problem. and as long as the operating system is too complicated for a human user to mantain and control, there will always be security issues and bugs. my point is more care about security should be taken from the start, then there would be no need for this so called support that im not really using at all. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search