! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

bsod during gaming - Page 1/2

Subject: bsod during gaming
Replies: 10 Views: 1632
> »
kenb2321 31.08.13 - 04:24am
For the last few weeks while gaming id get a bsod and loud noise and it says clock interrupt something...but hard to read it all as only flashes for 1-2 seconds then restarts windows. Running win7 64,
Mobo: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cpu: i5 2500k
Gpu: EVGA GeForce GTX 570 HD Superclocked 1280 MB GDDR5
Ram: Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM

Just some ideas what could be causing that..get me headed into right direction. Got all windows latest updates too. * +

nobyboy 31.08.13 - 06:26pm
whenever iv ever got bsod its been a dodgy driver, have u updated anything recently or added anything * +

starlight 31.08.13 - 09:29pm
ok, to get to see the text on the blue screen long enough to read or write down, the best is to disable automatic restart on bsod. internet search will likely give you plenty results on how to do this. on xp, its in system properties, advanced, startup and recovery, automaticaly restart check box. then, all you have to do is wait another bsod : D and take a closer look on the information. good luck in fixing the problem : ) * +

kenb2321 31.08.13 - 11:59pm
Thanks starlight, ill have to do that, at least then I can possibly get all of the info and do some googling.
Well only updates I got were windows...I did get a driver update but had this problem before hand.. and pretty much only things I added were mods and games, i noticed also my cpu reaching temps close to 70c not sure if thatd be the cause or not, i do know that its only during gaming and looks like same error-clock interrupt... * +

1jester 1.09.13 - 12:07am
Temps of 70c, does your fan sound like a helicopter on take off before crashing ? Have you tried to replace your thermal paste properly ? * +

kenb2321 1.09.13 - 01:33am
Fans sound good..the thing is I use core temp program and that's what shows temps of up to 70 but when pc restarts and i go into bios the temps about 37-41c so I'm not sure how accurate that core temp program is.. Its only been little over year since built..should I replace the thermal paste already? I haven't been overclocking either..and sometimes ill leave it on overnight while its downloading games from steam and have no problem.. its doesn't give me bsod frequently maybe just once or twice a week for last few weeks. And they all say clock interrupt but i got to turn off auto restart so i can read the rest.. * +

alvar89 1.09.13 - 06:51am
Too high and unstable overclock chin.gif * +

asurreym 1.09.13 - 11:05am
What loud noise did u hear? Have u over clocked it at all? * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page