! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

building a pc - Page 1/69

Subject: building a pc
Replies: 482 Views: 18649
> »
nobyboy 2.06.13 - 11:17pm
how do you start? iv only got a laptop and the other half wants to hog that all night, plus the gpu is terrible. iv bought quiet a few games on steam nao and want a pc that can play them on high. so this b***h can play her s**tty candy crush on my laptop while i can have my own pc * +

nobyboy 2.06.13 - 11:19pm
do u buy the case first or what, its going to be a thing to do over a few monmth as money is tight at the mo with just having another kid and im the only one working and payin the bills, i make a a decnt bit of money on the side and thought id build a pc with it chin what items cost the most ect * +

newt182 3.06.13 - 12:11am
case is anywhere from 40 - 150 pounds depending on what you want, just look for an ATX case and select the size, full tower, mid tower, micro. I would go for mid or full. One with dust filters would be best. * +

newt182 3.06.13 - 12:12am
For a PSU you should look at a minimum of 600 watts, you wont need more than 750 watts. Corsair PSU's are usually good. You can get modular ones where you only connect the cables you require so there are less cables in your case and it makes it look good. Cost will be about 60-90 pounds * +

newt182 3.06.13 - 12:15am
For a motherboard I would go for a Z87 board/socket 1150. You should spend about 80-100 pounds, and it will depend on what features you want on the board. * +

spartan2 3.06.13 - 12:15am
Assuming you want a decent gaming machine you will really want at least a mid tower so you have room for higher end stuff. You can keep a good case for ages. It might be best to buy the parts that are not time dependent first simply because the longer you delay stuff like CPU and GPU choice the more you are likely to get for your money....so if you are buying over time you are best leaving the CPU and GPU til last and get the case and psu and OS etc first * +

newt182 3.06.13 - 12:17am
For CPU a Haswell i5 but a 'K' part that is unlocked so you can overclock if you wish to in the future. The K parts only cost about an extra 20 pounds. The CPU will cost about 190 pounds. Or you could go for an i7 but the price is a fair bit higher, again a K part. * +

spartan2 3.06.13 - 12:18am
This isn't going to be too cheap to build but really the point is like I said the case and Psu chosen carefully can be the basis of your PC for the next decade while the rest of the parts are gutted when the best time arrives for it. Best thing you can do is formulate a realistic budget and then get a list of parts written by somebody. I wrote up Eric79ff a list he built it and still has it 3 years later * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-69
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search