! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Arduino AutoPilot UAV - Page 1/2

Subject: Arduino AutoPilot UAV
Replies: 9 Views: 1422
> »
veronee 29.11.12 - 02:55pm
need some ideas on sensors. i already have a 3 axis gyro, accel sensors, compass and GPS.if you had a chance what would you add sensor wise to a UAV and why. must legal add ons and within FAA laws. * +

phemzask 29.11.12 - 09:14pm
ask plzgvhug...u might find him hanging in general. * +

mok214 29.11.12 - 09:33pm
A low light or infrared camera and a transciever of some sort of course. grin * +

veronee 29.11.12 - 09:54pm
Air presure sensor i thought about having, so it holds itsslef hight wise. camera i will be using a first person view setup, a small camera mounted into a gimbal on the machine sending the live feed direct to a set of goggles and a tv monitor. also hooked into my laptop to give it full automation via google maps * +

spartan2 30.11.12 - 01:49am
Remote controlled paintgun. Why? To shoot seagulls and turn them into crazy colours. That my friend, is modern art * +

mok214 30.11.12 - 05:15am

@ veronee - 29.11.12 - 09:54pm
Air presure sensor i thought about having, so it holds itsslef hight wise. camera i will be using a first person view setup, a small camera mounted into a gimbal on the machine sending the live feed direct to a set of goggles and a tv monitor. also hooked into my laptop to give it full automation via google maps

There are some cheap lightweight barometers that you could use, but I have heard that they are not very accurate and should not be depended on for altitude. A laser altimeter would be cool, but might be a tad pricy. * +

phemzask 30.11.12 - 06:50am
compass and GPS? Do u realy need the compass? Wats the size of the drone? Try to get it to use solar energy to recharge. * +

mok214 30.11.12 - 08:23pm
A compass tells you which direction you are heading which cannot always be determined by looking at a screen. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search