! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

The end is coming. Repent! - Page 1/8

Subject: The end is coming. Repent!
Replies: 56 Views: 7606
> »
mok214 11.04.12 - 05:30am
That's the message from Microsoft as it reminded consumers that its support for Windows XP SP3 and Office 2003 will end on April 8, 2014. According to Microsoft marketing director Stella Chernyak that means the software giant will nix security updates, non-security hot-fixes and technical support after that date. So let the countdown begin. You now have less than two years to get your affairs in order and hightail it to more current software. bye2 * +

newt182 11.04.12 - 05:49am
I hope there aren't still people here using XP, it is so outdated now and Win 7 is loads better. * +

mok214 11.04.12 - 07:05am
You can bet that there are many businesses that are still using it, but what suprised me is I saw one that still used Windows 98. shocked * +

sohil876 11.04.12 - 10:52am
Windows98!!! In 2012!, man that is surprising :- * +

edit.or 11.04.12 - 12:34pm
i am sorry. i use windows xp sp3 slip streamed,no security updates,no updates,no net framework,no antimalware.. and i don't feel there is any support for windows xp anyway so what can they take away from me? sorry,but i will use xp 'till hell freezes over. and you will be trashing windows 7 when windows 9 or something better comes. more upto date doesn't always mean better. in windows 7,updates are trivial looking to me. the only thing that catches my eyes is aero and 32bit alpha * +

edit.or 11.04.12 - 12:42pm
32bit alpha transparency which was,as far as i know,possible in windows 2000 professional! you who have litestep and windows 2000 professional,you are welcome to try : D so really,it seams to me windows 7 simply came with a new theme and possibly fixed some bugs in xp,i really see no performance increase but xp on the other hand seams liter to use. maybe thats just placebo cause i'm used to xp but anyway,xp is all i need. people are jumping into future too fast! more more more! they haven't ma * +

edit.or 11.04.12 - 12:45pm
they haven't made a decent system,ever. if it were,averige user would for starters,not know the word 'malware'. the truth is all the malware today is just the concequence of security holes in windows. people want 1MB/s speeds,most uptodate system,most complex and obscure and then they complain how is it that things don't work,how is it that malware delete their hard drive,why they have to have *always open internet connection* to download updates from their av provider lol there is a first s * +

edit.or 11.04.12 - 12:51pm
there is the first security hole. firewall in windows is so pathetic you can't tell me it isn't. 'windows have blocked *process* to protect your security* or something like that. what process? what ip it accessed? what did it exactly do? ... windows 7 may be a bit better though. but really,there are so many bugs,security holes. registry,image file execution options ffs. microsoft should first sort out the bugs in their current system,then make another. but then,there would be no profit right? * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-8
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search