! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

how to setup a electronics workshop - Page 1/5

Subject: how to setup a electronics workshop
Replies: 35 Views: 1559
> »
plzgvhug 24.08.11 - 04:07pm
This topic is to discuss what you need to setup a basic electronics workshop. Talk about what basic tools and equipment you will need and roughly how much you should spend on each. * +

plzgvhug 24.08.11 - 04:12pm
your gonna need something to build circuits on so you can test them and make quick changes. You should buy a bread board. These have lots of holes to plug components in and little copper strips underneath. This will cost between 10 to 20 pounds, dollars or bucks. * +

plzgvhug 24.08.11 - 04:19pm
now you will need some components to make circuits. For beginners i would start with easy projects like basic audio amplifiers, 555 timer projects, basic logic gates, alarms, sirens, am radio, simple op amp circuits, oscillators, simple led projects. These will get you started. * +

plzgvhug 24.08.11 - 04:28pm
the components your gonna need are Resistors, potentiometer, capacitors, transistors, diodes, basic opamps, logic chips, a 7805 - 5V regulator chip, 555 timer, LED'S, a small speaker, some push switches, a couple of slide switches, a couple of 9volt batterys and pp3 clips, some thin insulated solid core wire to make wire links. This will cost anything from 20 to 100 or there abouts. * +

jupiter2 24.08.11 - 04:30pm
First you need a good soldering iron and if possible a hot air gun.... * +

plzgvhug 24.08.11 - 04:35pm
you dont have to buy all the components at once. You might just buy what you need to make a simple project. Over time you will collect lots of them. You are now ready to start building and experimenting. There are lots of circuits on the internet or in books. Check you library too. * +

jupiter2 24.08.11 - 04:35pm
Btw, interesting topic.... I myself built thousands of electric circuits and projects so far and still electronics is my one n only hobby and interest..... Nice to see u in the party plzgvhug...... * +

jupiter2 24.08.11 - 04:38pm
Now I'm learning about SMD components, microchips and microcontrollers.... * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-5
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum