! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

USB Problem - Page 1/1

Subject: USB Problem
Replies: 6 Views: 857

bbyboyx 23.01.11 - 08:34pm
hey ppl. just need sum help. i got a 4gb usb. when i insert it into the computer it makes that connection noise that it normally makes. however, nothing comes up and if i go onto my computer theres no usb icon. i checked it if came on device manager and its still there being recoignised but under disc drives. when i hit the populate button under the colume tab it jus shows me that it a 4gb USB * +

bbyboyx 23.01.11 - 08:36pm
and nothing else. i i tried another same usb and it gets read by the pc.... i tried that usb that dont owrk on another pc and still with the same problem. am on windows xp sp3. any advice...??? thanx in adv.... * +

jay.mack 24.01.11 - 04:01am
check the event logs to see if its causing an error. it my be the wron or unrecognised format. * +

bbyboyx 27.01.11 - 02:06am
i.l try that jay. but thing is i dnt wana reformat the usb cos got stuf on. but i.l check if theres any changes. fanx 4that jay * +

mok214 27.01.11 - 02:39am
It could be something like plugging a USB 2.0 device into a USB 1 port . There would not be enough power to run the drive . * +

4juice 27.01.11 - 08:39am
Back it up and reformat.. Or try the harder route like installing it as a new hardware under storage devices.. * +

khierrie 28.01.11 - 04:14am
Insert it in a desktop booted with linux o.s. You will be shocked *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search