! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

sapphire radeon 5870 - Page 1/3

Subject: sapphire radeon 5870
Replies: 17 Views: 1709
> »
meghertz 8.07.10 - 06:35pm
versus the vapour-x edition... am i right in thinking the only difference in these cards is a gig of ram and about 75mhz clock? or is there something else? the price difference is 50 quid.. * +

spartan2 8.07.10 - 06:38pm
yes but the cooler is the main difference. vapour x has sapphire's evaporative cooling system. quite a lot more effective than reference. The reference isnt inadequate, but its just a premium model of this card * +

meghertz 8.07.10 - 08:41pm
see there's the vapour-x version and then this toxic version (both sapphire, not reference) and since they both use the vapour x cooler, they both have 1600 stream processors, what was the real difference between the two? besides obviously the extra ram, extra few mhz and extra 50 quid.. * +

meghertz 8.07.10 - 08:44pm
cos if it's JUST the three differences mentioned then surely it's not worth waiting for the preorder and spending the extra money since nobody running 1080p would need 2gbs of ram and the vapour x cooler allows for some overclocking after you've flashed an asus bios onto the thing... just a thought like. * +

spartan2 8.07.10 - 08:46pm
The toxic is the top dog in sapphire's range, usually it has the most memory, the cooler and the fastest clocks. the vapour x is the model below with the cooler and slower clocks, standard memory. the base is the reference clocks, reference cooler. Its just a model heirarchy of the SAME card. Like a Ford Focus LX and then a zetec and then titanium etc.....SAME car, slightly better spec, more cost * +

spartan2 8.07.10 - 08:53pm
If you are going to overclock, then the better cooler is going to help quite a lot. If all you are running is 1920 x 1080 then again, you probably dont need 2GB, especially if you only keep such a card a couple years * +

jay.mack 8.07.10 - 09:02pm
like i said elsewhere the 2 gig card is pointles as it gives virtualy no performance gains over the stock card, less than 1 percent in most games is it worth the cash well mine matches the temps easily and thats the only place the vapor-x and rev 2 are supposed to stand out, they do it with less noise but saying as i game with my headphones on its irrelivant to me. worth the money? * +

jay.mack 8.07.10 - 09:02pm
not to me. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum