! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

USB HDD - Page 1/4

Subject: USB HDD
Replies: 28 Views: 3931
> »
s.mcclel 29.04.10 - 11:26pm
I used to use my external 500GB to stream movies etc to my PS3 and my son's XBOX 360 untill I upgraded it to a new TB USB HDD and just gave my boys the 500GB drive to play their movies direct from the drive.All was working fine for just over a week when my son told me it had stopped working(I thought they had dropped it or something),plugged it up to my pc and got the error a usb device connected * +

s.mcclel 29.04.10 - 11:32pm
to the computer could not be reconised so I done all the usual things like going into device manager and uninstalling the unknown device and tthen scan for changes but no joy.Tried for several days various soloutions found via searching through Google but still nothing worked then out the blue I try out the wifes laptop and to my suprise it worked as if there was nothing wrong with it.Once again * +

elzorro2 29.04.10 - 11:37pm
Where does it get power from? thru the usb or separate power source. Then which usb ports did you use? Did you use a hub or a port? Go back to device manager and uncheck the allow system to power down device. Answer the above and I will see if I can help * +

s.mcclel 29.04.10 - 11:37pm
but now with full access to the drive I try more methods of help found on the web like changing the drive letter,populating the drive and finally I even formatted it via window quick format(both fat32 and NTFS formats) but still I can't get it to work on either my pc or my boy's XBOX,both my pc and the wife's laptop are running Windows 7 ultimate edition ......Can anyone help me 'n my boy's?? * +

elzorro2 29.04.10 - 11:39pm
Go to disk management. Can you see it? * +

s.mcclel 29.04.10 - 11:39pm
It's power source is external and the USB(I have tried them all)run straight from my pc the same as the wife's laptop. * +

s.mcclel 29.04.10 - 11:43pm
I cannot see it in disk management on my pc but like I said it all appears fine on the wife's laptop.I have no problem with formatting the drive as it's all backed up onto my new one. * +

elzorro2 29.04.10 - 11:44pm
If it works on a other pc then its something at your pc. Unplug it. Go to device manager uninstall your usb ports. Then go to services and see if the plug and play service is running * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search