! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

WD HDD not respondin - Page 1/1

Subject: WD HDD not respondin
Replies: 7 Views: 826

harry123 15.02.10 - 05:01am
i hv a western digital HDD 80gb SATA in my office PC. yesterday i installed XP on it using my other comp tat is my home PC. everthing went smooth. then when i tred connecting it to my office pc , nuhting happened. the HDD stopped responding. in a snap. just like that. i hv tried connecting it using the legacy and SATA both. there is absolutely no problem wid wiring cos i connected my home pc's * +

harry123 15.02.10 - 05:03am
HDD i.e, samsumg 500GB SATA again and it got detected in my office pc. also this WD is not getting deteced on my home pc also. i dunno wat te prob is ..or is my HDD deaD. one moment working and another moment gone that too while changing. is that possible?? suggestions are welcum. * +

megladon 15.02.10 - 05:10am
well if thats one thing ive learnd over the years dnt ever mess with office pcs it happens time and again everything runs smooth until they decide to move the office around and then whan bam halo blue screen .. how did u manage to take out the drive and install xp on it frm ur home pc the hd should b in the pc on wsich u wane install xp ..lastly put ur ear against ur hd listen 4 power * +

megladon 15.02.10 - 05:12am
and even if u think ur wires r fine temporarly remove ur cd romif its sata and use his cables just to make sure * +

harry123 15.02.10 - 06:06am
i installed XP by connecting the HDD to my home PC. and yes my CDROM is also SATA and hv already tried removing the cables. no luck. there are many important documents in my HDD. god help me. * +

megladon 15.02.10 - 06:50am
if ur a religeos person now is the time to pray hehehhehehehehh hahahah * +

june12 15.02.10 - 08:57am
Harry123 d prob is dat if d motherboard of ur pcs r not d same model, pentium, manufactural. * +

june12 15.02.10 - 09:10am
Those three rules stated above must be confirmed b4 you begin to play with any hdd. Prayer isn't the solution. But if by paraventure you get around dat. Let me know how you did it @harry123 *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Tech&Computers Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search