! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Chelsea FC - Page 79/84

Subject: Chelsea FC
« <> »
4juice 30.05.16 - 06:30pm
John Terry beat them all hands down especially Tony Adams. Why even mention him when people like Sol Campbell and Southgate are probably better than him. * +

bigdunc 30.05.16 - 11:14pm
When you get praise from a striker like Pele who said bobby Moore was probably the best defender I came up against and lifted a world cup you know that is praise reserved for a quality player.John Terry is only fit to lace his boots and butcher Adams and Pearce .Terry came from the golden generation who done absolutely nothing to be classed as golden .butcher is remembered for playing a game blood and battered after having stitches to his head Adams and Pearce both had the passion Terry lacked . Nod * +

silverjx 31.05.16 - 09:11am
Sorry Juice but Terry isn't the best ever English defender. Over the last decade he's been one of the top 2 but before that we was overloaded with quality defenders. You had players like Bruce missing out on caps because of the amount of defenders. Add that to half the defenders was alcoholics but still making meaty tackles as for Moore...That standing tackle on Pele is one of my Favorites. * +

spartan2 31.05.16 - 04:37pm
Terry has been very good but he's higher ranked as a Chelsea defender than he is for his England performances for me. Campbell, Adams, Butcher at least for England modern times. Also Ferdinand when it came to the modern game. Different story for club though.

England's centre back pool is embarrassing compared to just 10 years ago. Ferdinand, Terry, Campbell and Carragher taken in 2006. Compare those to the relative pile of crap we are taking to France. * +

4juice 1.06.16 - 02:24am
I might be exagerrating but you can never compare a golden player with a modern one. Stat wise or not, its unfair to compare them. Terry, imo, is at least one of the best defenders England have had in the last ten years or so. Same goes for Ferdinand, Keown, Campbell. Even King i think is good. * +

bigdunc 1.06.16 - 07:23am
Why not media pundits always compare messi Ronaldo to Maradona or Pele.your right silver Steve bould being another who constantly got overlooked .carragher was a bottle job and did not want to fight for his spot hence why he retired thinking he was better than Terry and Ferdinand and any credit Terry had he lost over that race incident and bottled it as well for his country .now if you was comparing Maldini or Nesta to Moore you may have a debate but not Terry . * +

ementalm 3.06.16 - 02:14pm
ledley king was one of the best in current times, just a shame he was grinding in the wrong place * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-84
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Sports Forum
9 Forum Index