! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Le Tour de France 2016 - Page 1/2

Subject: Le Tour de France 2016
Replies: 13 Views: 2214
> »
obi_jon 2.07.16 - 11:10am
Le grande departe is in about 10mins time and takes place in Normandy with the first stage between Mont St Michel and Omaha beach(scene of the D-day landings in WW2).popcorn.gif * +

obi_jon 2.07.16 - 11:22am
Oops, it's Utah beach not Omaha beach. Annnd they're off. * +

obi_jon 2.07.16 - 11:36am
I notice from the pre-race rider interviews that one or two of the usual contenders appeared to be making excuses before they'd even set off. Contador and Cancellaro both said words to the effect of 'I have tried to prepare as well as I can for the race'. I wonder if that means 'we have had to remove the hidden motors from our bikes' or 'WADA have developed better doping tests'?
New heat detecting cameras and magnetic resonance detectors are being deployed at this year's tour, after it emerged some riders have been using hidden battery powered motor's on their bikes(mechanical doping) during some recent events. * +

obi_jon 2.07.16 - 04:16pm
Mark Cavendish wins the first stage, beating Kittel and Sagan in the sprint to the line. Despite being 3rd on the all time stage wins list, tomorrow will be the first time in his tdf career that Cavendish has worn the race leaders yellow jersey. * +

obi_jon 9.07.16 - 05:00pm
What a fantastic ride by Chris Froome today! He'll be in the yellow jersey tomorrow and I can see him keeping it all the way to Paris. It's been one hell of a week for the british ridersbritish.gif, 3 stage wins by Cavendish putting him 2nd on the all time stage wins list and in the green jersey, Adam Yates in 2nd place overall(and in the white jersey for best young rider) and a stage win for Steve Cummings yesterday. That's 5 british stage wins from the 8 stages so far, with british riders in 3 of the 4 major jerseys, only missing out the king of the mountains polka dot jersey. * +

xxlee 12.07.16 - 10:04am
Nice to see froomey back to winning ways, I thought he lost his momentum to win but the lad still has it. tea2 * +

obi_jon 14.07.16 - 04:28pm
More like the Tour de Farce todaydislike.gif. Surely this result can't stand. * +

obi_jon 14.07.16 - 05:04pm
Incident involving a motorbike that had to brake because of the crowd(who were a disgrace), causing Richie Porte to crash into the back of it and leader Chris Froome and Bauke Bollema to crash into Porte. The 3 riders had broken away from the main group and were set to take significant time out of Froome's main GC rivals Nairo Quintana and Adam Yates.
Froome's bike was damaged in the crash and we saw the frankly ridiculous sight of the Yellow Jersey wearer having to run up the mountain without a bike, as the team cars were unable to reach him immediately with a spare bike because of the crowds. He eventually got a neutral bike but was unable to pedal it properly because his foot clips didn't fit, causing him to stop again before a Team Sky car reached him with a suitable bike. He eventually finished but not before being passed by several of the main GC contenders whilst still waiting for a working bike.
Provisional results(if they are allowed to stand, which would be a complete injustice) would put Yates in the yellow jersey, with Bauke Bollema second after he recovered without mechanical damage from the incident, Quintana moving up to an ill deserved 3rd place after being unable to live with Froome today 15sec behind Yates, with Froome dropping from 1st to 8th place some 58 seconds off the lead. Unbelievable!! * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Sports Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search