! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Montrose fc - Page 1/2

Subject: Montrose fc
Replies: 13 Views: 823
> »
phillwin 5.05.15 - 08:50am
Hope they win the league playoffs. As theoother team don't want. To be in. The Scottish league * +

obi_jon 5.05.15 - 09:22am
It's not that they don't want to be promoted, it's because they can't really afford to be. Brora Rangers of the highland league beat Edinburgh City of the Lowland league for the right to play Montrose, who finished bottom of Scottish league 2, in the final pyramid play off match. Brora say that they struggle to survive financially in the highland league and promotion to League 2 would bring extra costs that they simply cannot afford. * +

obi_jon 5.05.15 - 09:28am
I hope Montrose win as well, because one of my mates grew up there and he supports them. * +

43bolton 5.05.15 - 05:42pm
Well Elgin City survive ok enough and Ross County and ICT went through that route on tiny attendance and then prospered. Stinks of a lack of ambition. * +

cam007 12.05.15 - 10:03am
If they dont want to be in it their going about it the wrong way lol as the first leg finished Brora 1 Montrose 0 * +

r3ckless 13.05.15 - 02:06am

@ 43bolton - 5.05.15 - 05:42pm
Well Elgin City survive ok enough and Ross County and ICT went through that route on tiny attendance and then prospered. Stinks of a lack of ambition.

Nothing to do with lack of ambition. I'm not far from Brora and honestly the place is just a tiny village. I know their keeper and he wants to win and go up but there would be no support. You'd be lucky to get fifty supporters at games if they get promoted * +

cantona 13.05.15 - 07:46am

@ 43bolton - 5.05.15 - 05:42pm
Well Elgin City survive ok enough and Ross County and ICT went through that route on tiny attendance and then prospered. Stinks of a lack of ambition.

Let's not forget Gretna either. What a success story that turned out to be. * +

43bolton 15.05.15 - 01:26am
Gretna was different as they were bankrolled and the owner died,so they were screwed. Elgin only pull about 300 a game,and I think SL2 attendances are 200-400 mostly. Ross County were getting those gates a decade ago. I think Brora should give it a go,and see if it pans out. Who would be their nearest geographical rivals? Elgin? Peterhead? ICT? My geography up there is a bit hazy. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Sports Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search