! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Champions league seedings - Page 2/7

Subject: Champions league seedings
« <> »
spartan2 24.04.15 - 01:45pm
The reason why it's better to have the top 3/4 in the competition is because last year's champions, nearly a full year before the latter stages of the competition, aren't always this season's best team. With the best team usually coming from that group of top 4 one way or another. * +

bigdunc 24.04.15 - 06:49pm
If you win your domestic league and enter the champions league then fair enough .In the wise old words of shankly first is first and second is nothing .so to finish 2nd 3rd or 4th and enter the champions league when you have won sweet f a is a mockery and finishing 3rd and dropping into the Europe league is a sham as well. * +

cantona 25.04.15 - 11:21am
Anything that spices up the group stages is fine by me. It's hard to get excited about it until after Christmas usually. * +

d.boon 26.04.15 - 01:57am
C.L. is a farce, should be champions of their respective top flight league, not the top four. Also the away goal rule and the Europa League should be scr*pped, most teams in Europe don't like either * +

cantona 26.04.15 - 08:08am
In it's current format there's probably seven or eight clubs with a realistic chance to win it every season. Restrict it to Champions only and that figure reduces to two or three. Plus I doubt anyone would be interested in Real Madrid reserves v Lincoln Red Imps * +

bigdunc 26.04.15 - 03:27pm
That's a fair comment but at least change it so that teams who win cups like fa cup league cups or other cups from other domestic leagues in Europe can enter .finishing 2nd 3rd and 4th and winning sweet fa your not a champion .. * +

dom4subs 10.05.15 - 08:20pm
Some leagues get 3 or 4 teams because Uefa want teams from countries who will generate the most for them. If you win your countries top league you should automatically get a place and not have to qualify. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-7
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Sports Forum
9 Forum Index