! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Football matches abroad - Page 1/2

Subject: Football matches abroad
Replies: 14 Views: 1039
> »
snouter 8.10.14 - 12:17pm
Will it work? if you can have rugby league teams going to south of france for matches and NFL teams coming to wembley once a year then it should. * +

n7flex 8.10.14 - 05:20pm
The day it happens is the day I jack it in. * +

stexefc 8.10.14 - 07:27pm
it was mooted a few years ago, our fat c**t of a Chief Exec at the time endorsed the idea * +

obi_jon 8.10.14 - 08:01pm
It's being talked about again.
[link]http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/29532996[/link]
* +

bigdunc 10.10.14 - 09:28pm
Not a fan of the idea .playing abroad should be kept to Europe and pre season but when you see 120000 thousand people turn up for a friendly in America between united and Liverpool this year you know it's got the money men going kerching to the idea of taking a premiership game abroad .and if it did happen can only see it applying to the big rich clubs and not a game like Burnley v palace . * +

obi_jon 11.10.14 - 08:54am
I can't see how this '39th game' idea could workconfuse.gif. Wouldn't it mean all the teams would need to play an extra game and if so, how would the fixtures be decided upon fairly? * +

4juice 11.10.14 - 10:06am
I am from the outside i think it is a stupid idea. Big clubs play about 3 games a week in the busy season and that unneccessary travel for match days situated far from UK will only take a heavier toll on team fatigue! * +

obi_jon 11.10.14 - 10:24am
The only way I could see it happening is if all the teams agreed to it and then some system of deciding the game was set up. Just an idea off the top of my head, you could perhaps say that the teams finishing 1st and 2nd in the league would automatically play each other overseas in one of their two fixtures the following season.(or 2nd v 3rd, 1st v 4th etc) * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Sports Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search