! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Football matches abroad - Page 2/2

Subject: Football matches abroad
« <
obi_jon 11.10.14 - 05:33pm

@ njackets - 11.10.14 - 03:08pm
Would all the teams need to agree to it? If two clubs wanted to play there fixture abroad wouldn't it be down to them the FA/Prem. The other issue would be for a Prem game how do you decide who's the home or away team unless you play both fixtures abroad otherwise someone's getting an unfair advantage getting to play the other fixture at home.

They would under the system I proposed as nobody can say what position they would finish in. Admittedly some clubs have a higher chance of finishing in the top positions than others but no one can say for sure, hence all clubs needing agreement. As for the home/away question, that's why a system like the one I suggested might work, as the two teams would be decided and bound by an agreed set of rules. Eg, going on last season's league positions, 1st v 2nd would see Man City play Liverpool with Man City as the 'home' team. Anyway, it was only an idea, i'm personally not in favour of them doing it at all.nono.gif * +

bigdunc 11.10.14 - 07:00pm
Ac Milan have apparently suggested the idea of having wildcard entrants for prestigious clubs who do not qualify automatically for the champions league dislike another idea set up for the big clubs and UEFA to consider . * +

stexefc 11.10.14 - 07:04pm
That happened in the 05/06 Champions League * +

bigdunc 11.10.14 - 10:46pm
Pmpl * +

upnorthm 12.10.14 - 03:31am
Can see this done in stages over the next decade. I reckon the Community Shield will be the first target as a tester,then probably two of the lesser clubs trying it out to make a few quid and to gain massive publicity. Say Stoke v Sunderland in Dubai for example or India or China. That type of exposure is something the smaller clubs can't buy normally. * +

obi_jon 12.10.14 - 04:42pm
They already have the 'Asian Cup' pre-season mini tournament thing. They could do something like that and play it in different countries every year. * +

spartan2 13.10.14 - 07:04pm
I can understand the NFL doing it because nobody outside the USA gives a cr*p about NFL tv coverage rights barring the superbowl. So the best way to push it and get new fans is to go there and put it out.

But the Premier League already has near worldwide coverage week in week out and that is where all the moolah comes from as it is. I suppose you can't stand still and think you have enough revenue but there has to be better ideas..... *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 Sports Forum
9 Forum Index