! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Jules Bianchi - Page 1/3

Subject: Jules Bianchi
Replies: 18 Views: 1874
> »
joe999 6.10.14 - 10:05am
Would just like to wish the F1 driver who is intensive care a speedy recovery. This opens the debate should F1 be made safer. Personally I think not, the drivers know the risks when they strap themselves in. Any more precautions and it will be barely watchable. I can only watch it this year because of how close it is, but otherwise personally I believe the sport has become way too dull. Probably mainly due to rule restrictions and safety precautions. * +

obi_jon 6.10.14 - 11:33am
Yes, all the best to him. Very unfortunate circumstances, hitting a tractor that was removing another car that had crashed in the same place on the previous lap. TV coverage missed the incident so it's hard to judge but it looked to me like he would have missed Sutil's car and hit the barriers had the tractor not been there. So either the safety car should have been deployed sooner or they should have waited until it had been deployed before attempting to remove the other vehicle.dontknow.gif * +

obi_jon 6.10.14 - 11:36am
Also, r.i.p. to former F1 driver Andre de Cesaris who sadly died in a motorbike accident at the weekend. * +

spartan2 6.10.14 - 12:35pm
The problem with yesterday highlighted that despite the waved yellows drivers only have to slow down a fraction. Just a small lift to show the stewards.

Nobody wants to give any more away than that because the regulations only say that. So they all still pile through waved yellows at 95 percent.

Maybe it should be made clearer that you really must slow down a lot more and punish those not. * +

joe999 6.10.14 - 07:20pm
Haven't seen the video. Was watching the race when it happened but they showed absolutely nothing of it. Spartan problem is they're are so many rules and regulations as it is, every rule they add pretty much makes it less competitive. Soon they won't be able to go more than 50mph. I think if they have racing, acknowledge it's dangerous and realize there is somewhat of a risk of a fatality. If not scr*p the race as it's too dangerous, with too many rules it's not much of a sport * +

obi_jon 6.10.14 - 08:29pm
The fan shot video is on [link]liveleak.:http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=818_1412603603[/link] * +

spartan2 7.10.14 - 01:14am
Yes I understand there are lots of rules but too many of them are technical rules. It hardly hurts to have a sensible rule that does enforce a slower yellow flag, simply because half the drivers pay little heed to them already anyway. Better than throwing a safety car out and neutering every race when a driver sneezes on his visor.

It was an accident. There needn't be a knee jerk to it because it was whole host of bad circumstances coming together. Motor racing is never going to be totally safe, it has inherent risk no matter what. They will just have to review options. * +

laity 7.10.14 - 01:29am

@ wilshire - 6.10.14 - 07:04pm
dont know how he wasnt instantly killed after seeing the video.

Yeah.. when i saw the vid of it, I couldn't believe he was in the hospital and not the morgue.. honestly looked like it should have took his head clean off the way he went under that tractor * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Sports Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search