! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Galaxy Note 5 in the UK - Page 1/1

Subject: Galaxy Note 5 in the UK
Replies: 7 Views: 6184

banbury 7.05.19 - 03:57pm
I bought a used Note 5 in the UK thats in as new condition. its an N920T which iam lead to believe is the American T-mobile version. its currently on Android version 6.01 but I know they can be updated to 7. however, when you touch software update in settings nothing happens. the option flashes but nothing happens * +

banbury 7.05.19 - 04:00pm
I also tried updating via Samsung smartswitch. that immediately recognises the phone for what it is but states there is no update available despite numerous attempts any ideas? one other thing, although this maybe related to the phones origin: when using a Three sim the '3G only' option in network settings doesnt work because the device still switches to 4G, and yet it does have the correct band for the Three 3G service. * +

banbury 7.05.19 - 04:05pm
(I only get one bar signal of 4G at work which is why I normally switch to 3G only just incase you wondered!) but apart from these two issues the device is working 100 percent. I havnt tried another network sim yet. the 'GSM only option' does work although I do realise that Three dont have a 2G network in the UK. * +

banbury 7.05.19 - 04:09pm
PS: re- updating: I have tried resetting the phone but to no avail * +

banbury 7.05.19 - 05:30pm
(sorry should have said Smartswitch via a Windows 10 computer) * +

banbury 7.05.19 - 08:55pm
(the phone doesnt even check for updates when you try to use software update on the device itself) I do realise this phone was never released in the UK. * +

1sniper735 25.07.19 - 02:51am
You have a picture of it * +

3mel 26.07.19 - 04:54am

@ banbury - 7.05.19 - 03:57pm
I bought a used Note 5 in the UK thats in as new condition. its an N920T which iam lead to believe is the American T-mobile version. its currently on Android version 6.01 but I know they can be updated to 7. however, when you touch software update in settings nothing happens. the option flashes but nothing happens

T-Mobile US most likely is the ''caretaker'' of the phones updates, just because google and Samsung went up to a certain version doesn't mean T-Mobile will.

even in the UK they don't do all the available updates.

read up on your model number on XDA, you may have a locked bootloader but if you don't you there may be Samsung, AOSP, LOS roms just waiting. read up on Samsung Knox, Magisk, TWRP and bootloaders *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Samsung Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search