! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Best apps for Galaxy phones - Page 1/4

Subject: Best apps for Galaxy phones
Replies: 25 Views: 6472
> »
usb3.1 8.07.18 - 03:28pm
What are your most useful apps for your device? * +

usb3.1 8.07.18 - 03:52pm
Here's mine.... Kody remote - use to control Kody media centre.

Redshift - An app to help with locating stars and objects in the sky.

Viewranger- for navigation using GPS and offline maps.

Physics toolbox - An app that collects data from the phones sensors so you can graph it. Use it to measure earthquakes, acceleration in a car, air pressure change, light intensity, colour picker for web use etc.

QR Scanner Pro - scans barcodes and QR codes really fast.

Lonely Cat Games x-plore - For advanced file management and transferring files using SSH or server over WIFI network.

VLC Player for Android - plays all types of media, high rez audio WAV, flac, mp3, mpg4, mov, 3gp etc.

Waze - GPS road map with users reporting accidents so you can change routes in advance.

ADOBE Lightroom CC - tweak your photos, add filters and FX. * +

3mel 11.07.18 - 12:38pm
drop VLC for MXPLAYER and then type ''mxplayer custom codec forum xda'' into google so you can get full Dolby and AAC support.

many of my favourite apps are root apps, viper4android + Dolby Atmos, x-plore (which has system partition read/write via root), xposed (a library of mods that give custom functionality) a must for thousands of users.

adaway adblocker, AFwall+ firewall for controlling which apps get internet access (very useful for free apps). minminguard in app adblocker (xposed), gravity box UI and system tweaks (xposed). ampere, greenify and forcedoze for app battery usage management. finally Titanium Backup, simply the most useful app there is if you wish to engage in testing custom roms. * +

3mel 11.07.18 - 12:40pm
BTW, start posting in the android forum if you want people to see your topics.

android runs fundamentally differently from other systems. it wants to fill up your ram for speed and battery efficiency which is fine as it dumps the oldest tasks when more space is needed. however that means apps you might never use will occupy space and therefore clock time.
if you do root technically your warranty will be void but you'll be able to speed up your phone by removing or freezing apps you don't need and thus save battery life too. * +

crail 11.07.18 - 05:01pm
Nerd * +

3mel 11.07.18 - 06:03pm
damn straight I am you geek * +

usb3.1 1.08.18 - 08:33am
I got into making custom desktops. I've installed Nova Launcher Prime to customise the desktop and give more interesting functions, then using custom made wallpaper to change backgrounds and icon packs to change the appearance of the standard
icons. KWGT for designing custom widgets which I have figured out how to make a clock widget using this app. * +

3mel 1.08.18 - 12:09pm
in all seriousness, in android circles, this isn't note worthy news. people get into modding in more profound ways or grow out of it altogether.

there's a thread in the android forum going further back than I've had an android myself for sharing your homescreen.

the android forum could use the new blood and there is very little that's so specific to Samsung's that it requires you to post it here instead.

[u][link]http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s7[/link][/u] bookmark and explore the threads here. this site is mecca as far as android goes, if it doesn't appear on xda you probably shouldn't use it. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Samsung Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search