! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

SM-G935F Downgrade - Page 1/1

Subject: SM-G935F Downgrade
Replies: 5 Views: 3172

mopac 15.03.18 - 02:21am
Hey people, I have a Samsung Edge G935F unfortunately after upgrading to 7 from 6, it now has 00000000000 as the IMEI. I tried repairing with Chimera Tool but fails. I wanted to know how to downgrade to 6 cause all the 6.0 files and combinations keep failing on Odin. It ain't allowing me to downgrade. Please I need your help. Thanks in advance. * +

3mel 16.03.18 - 12:31am
if you flashed official stock firmware it shouldn't wipe out your IMEI, but as it has I'd say look for a firmware that has multi region CSC (if that's what Samsung still call it for your phone). that doesn't fix anything by itself but it means the firmware should be entirely compatible which usually restores your number.

get yourself over to XDA FORUMS, there's probably a help thread on this very subject. * +

mopac 16.03.18 - 01:36am
@3mel, thanks for always lending a helping hand. I have downloaded about four different flash files now from various regions. France, UK, Slovakia and Australia and they have different CSC files but all my efforts keep going in vain. And I have three 6.0 flash files as well and one combination one but keep failing to load. On XDA FORUMS they ain't much about this model which is why I came here to ask for help. * +

3mel 16.03.18 - 08:57am
where are these files coming from ?
I'd have to do some reading myself to refresh my mind, I never really did much Odin flashing. on my s4 I know your IMEI is stored in a partition that can get wiped if the incorrect region or a custom rom is flashed. I lost mine once but I'd made a back up it.

if you've searched and there's not much there make your own thread there requesting help. or search in another close model number forum for a v. popular variant. * +

3mel 16.03.18 - 09:00am
search under downgrading stock. doing this was a big issue between certain versions as I recall. there was a convoluted process in order to do it correctly. * +

3mel 1.04.18 - 03:09am

@ mopac - 15.03.18 - 02:21am
Hey people, I have a Samsung Edge G935F unfortunately after upgrading to 7 from 6, it now has 00000000000 as the IMEI. I tried repairing with Chimera Tool but fails. I wanted to know how to downgrade to 6 cause all the 6.0 files and combinations keep failing on Odin. It ain't allowing me to downgrade. Please I need your help. Thanks in advance.

just been doing some reading for myself and remembered this question. when you updated it updated your bootloader with it. the bootloader controls what rom is allowed to boot on the phone. with Samsung phones newer than lollipop, you can't go back and use an older bootloader after it's been updated.
I remember now having to choose whether to manually update my own phone knowing it meant I could never go back again.
for my phone (S4) there are people who've made procedures for downgrading but you could get a stock firmware that's the same as you've got now but with the right CSC for your area, that should work to restore the IMEI without any need to downgrade which the phone won't let you try. *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Samsung Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search