! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Samsung S5 - Page 1/1

Subject: Samsung S5
Replies: 6 Views: 3971

mtamer26 6.06.16 - 08:21pm
How can I upgrade my S5 sm900f to android 6.0 * +

3mel 7.06.16 - 04:55pm
settings/software update/check for updates * +

mtamer26 9.06.16 - 11:27am
@3mel the phone says its up to date, so I'm like..... * +

3mel 9.06.16 - 04:55pm
over the air firmware updates or OTA updates depend on who controls the software for phone and what region you live in.

regions are done in blocks when it's either google or the manufacturer that's responsible for the update. so only when it's being rolled out in your continent will you see a notification that's it's available.

if your phone is network branded that's much worse, google releases the update to the manufacturer who adds their parts to it and then the manufacturer releases that to the networks (that's if they even want it or are bothered). the phone networks again add their own stuff to it and release it sometimes over a year after everyone else has had it.

if you see your networks logo when you switch the phone on or have network apps installed on it that you can't remove, you have a branded phone.

you can update it yourself via a PC pretty easily if you don't mind tech based things, but it's critical to have the correct files for where you are and the specific model number you have. in the process though you lose all your data and installed apps and start off with a new phone again.

ring your network and ask (if you're branded) when it's due. or ask if they can arrange for it to be updated via a store for you and whether you'll keep your data.

you have to go full geek and root your device and learn a few things to do it all yourself and not lose anything. I'm assuming since you asked you don't know any of that stuff but maybe a friend of yours does ? * +

xdani123 12.06.16 - 12:37pm
can anyone help me plz.i got to repair my galaxy s5 outside screen.now after 2 months.my fone does not show display,sometime glimpse yhen disappear.imobile repairing shop told me destroyed inside screen too.ithey asked me 200 euro :( * +

mab921 29.07.16 - 12:36pm
After my s5 broke 5 or 6 weeks ago I read somewhere that they got Marshmallow officially, at least in some countries so probably it's just a matter of time. I heard they slide on Marshmallow and I'm sorry mine broke before I could try Marshmallow on it * +

budz3510 26.01.17 - 10:38am
sammobile site *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Samsung Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search