! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Is symbian still alive? - Page 9/11

Subject: Is symbian still alive?
« <> »
polo_011 20.10.16 - 06:05pm

@ sunwun - 15.10.16 - 11:03am
They have complete resources to produce such phones since over 5 years ago. Have you ever used any real and genuine Nokia smartphone? I'm presently using a Nokia phone built on a combination of Linux (Ubuntu), Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) and Windows operating systems - Nokia X2 and I'm sure you know that Nokia's Symbian smartphones are still the best up till date in the history of global mobile telecommunications.

Unless you have done mods, your X2 is nothing but an old low end Android with a Launcher designed to look like Windows Phone lol.gif. I used plenty Nokias from the Nseries N80, up to the Nokia N8-00 that I reviewed. From Symbian S60 9.1 to Symbian Belle. * +

polo_011 20.10.16 - 06:08pm

@ crail - 19.10.16 - 01:04am
Sunwun you're embarrassing yourself

He is not serious lol.gif maybe its Jscott screw*ng with you guys. * +

sunwun 21.10.16 - 03:39am

@ polo_011 - 20.10.16 - 06:05pm
Unless you have done mods, your X2 is nothing but an old low end Android with a Launcher designed to look like Windows Phone lol.gif. I used plenty Nokias from the Nseries N80, up to the Nokia N8-00 that I reviewed. From Symbian S60 9.1 to Symbian Belle.

But you haven't actually mentioned that you used X2 which is upgradeable and came with some windows and linux applications, and I guessed you're aware it also run android .apk applications smoothly. For example, its opera mini is purely linux and its windows version is comparable with Lumia 360. * +

3mel 21.10.16 - 04:03am
it's a low end phone that doesn't do anything other androids can't, except that better phones are considerably faster.
you have an enthusiasm for that phone of someone with little experience using android, there's nothing remarkable about it (except to you). * +

sunwun 21.10.16 - 11:31am

@ 3mel - 21.10.16 - 04:03am
it's a low end phone that doesn't do anything other androids can't, except that better phones are considerably faster.
you have an enthusiasm for that phone of someone with little experience using android, there's nothing remarkable about it (except to you).

About the speed of X2, you may be right and how would you define a low end phone - the cost? What actually led to mentioning Nokia X2 was the possibility of Nokia producing an hybrid phone that runs on integration of Windows, Linux and Android system which Nokia X2 is just the least of Nokia phones with this architecture - have you been able to disprove this? * +

3mel 21.10.16 - 01:41pm
your phone cannot run windows phone apps and can only execute Linux code inside a shell, the same as any other android.
it is not a hybrid phone.
there isn't going to be any hybrid phones coming from Nokia or anyone else.

* +

polo_011 21.10.16 - 04:53pm

@ sunwun - 21.10.16 - 03:39am
But you haven't actually mentioned that you used X2 which is upgradeable and came with some windows and linux applications, and I guessed you're aware it also run android .apk applications smoothly. For example, its opera mini is purely linux and its windows version is comparable with Lumia 360.

Why would I use an X2? I am more interested in high end devices. The X2 didnt come with any Windows or Linux apps, it came with Android apps that were rebuilt for Android from WP. lol.gif * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-11
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Symbian Forum
9 Forum Index