! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

**WHAT IS HACKING?** - Page 2/15

Subject: **WHAT IS HACKING?**
« <> »
stefdag 8.06.09 - 06:04pm
SIGNED APPLICATIONS.
what is that?
Signing is the process of encoding a tamper-proof digital certificate into an application sis (installation) file. The certificate identifies the applications origin, and grants access to those Capability-protected API's (Application Programming Interface) in Symbian OS that the application declared at build-time. Here are several Capability examples: * +

stefdag 8.06.09 - 06:04pm
On Symbian OS, protected APIs are those that allow sensitive operations, such as those that may:
* access end users private data, thus potentially breaching privacy
* potentially create billable events, thus costing the end user money
* access the mobile phone network, potentially affecting its operation * +

stefdag 8.06.09 - 06:05pm
* access handset functions that can affect the normal behavior of the phone
* potentially impact the performance of other applications running on the phone.
Although Symbian didnt wanted the end-user to get involved in all this process,(signing etc should be only for the developers) we got somehow involved at the end :) * +

If you get a certificate now (see the pinned topics on how to do it) you get a Developer Certificate. this Cert is only for your phone, you cant use it on other devices to install applications. * +

I WANT TO HACK MY PHONE WHY DO I NEED A CERTIFICATE?
Because you have to use an application to hack your phone that is unsigned (HelloOX) After you signed and installed this application you dont have to worry about unsigned applications anymore. you can install any application now without signing it. * +

WHAT EXACTLY IS HACKING?
Hacking will disable the security of your phone, so the phone will not check if an app is signed or unsigned while installing it. you will also be able to see all the folders/files in your phone using an explorer like X-Plore. * +

stefdag 8.06.09 - 06:06pm
you will be able to add patches in your phone that will change some things like i said above the nokia shaking hands at startup, or you wil be able to mute/add other sounds when you take a pic with your cam etc. thats cool stuff or not? :):) * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-15
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Symbian Forum
9 Forum Index