! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

NOKIA - Page 1/3

Subject: NOKIA
Replies: 19 Views: 6087
> »
banbury 20.09.14 - 12:44am
symbian, classed as antiquated when compared with modern rivals. But in many ways Nokia had the right idea. A relatively lightweight operating system is all that should be required on smartphone. And because of that it doesnt require stupidly fast hardware to run it, which in turn means great battery life, thats crucial for any mobile device. And lets be totally honest what is wrong with symbian? It does the job, or did untill people stopped supporting it, ie skype, bbc iplayer, youtube app on s * +

banbury 20.09.14 - 12:54am
youtube app on some devices. In comparison android kitkat lags on budget phones when compared to high end devices, even with dual core processors let alone single core. Is that really a sign of an efficient operating system? Or do Apple really have a better option where ios is concerned? Questionable indeed. * +

banbury 20.09.14 - 01:28am
you know I cant help feeling very sorry for how things have turned out for Nokia, especially when they brought us so many great devices in the past. A few weeks ago I bought an E7 off a bloke that was in immaculate condition, as new in the box. And you know I was more excited about picking that up than my galaxy s5, now surely that has to say something doesnt it? And it feels so good to have it, I cant explain the feeling really, but maybe part of me is weeping inside for these devices, remembering all the good times of those symbiam days before everyone else ruined it. * +

banbury 20.09.14 - 01:38am
but it wasnt just the smartphones that were good was it? So many other great phones. I also bought a nokia 6150 from a bloke in birmingham recently, fantasic phone and better call quality than any of my modern phones too. It has the original battery and yet Ive just had 3 days of life out of it. Not bad going for a 16 year old phone dont you think? And it gets reception where modern phones dont. Its also a known fact that nobody has ever matched nokia's sales figures during their golden years, not even apple. Now Microsoft are going to drop the nokia brand. RIP NOKIA. Remembered with love. * +

crail 20.09.14 - 06:46pm
all symbians were well underpowered and laggy. symbian os was unstable with lots of apps not working, java breaking etc * +

banbury 20.09.14 - 07:11pm
yes nokia were renowned for using slow cpu's. But in those days nobody cared about what processor was inside their phone as long as it did everything they wanted. * +

3mel 21.09.14 - 01:52am
high powered flagship androids are just as laggy in relative terms.. * +

banbury 21.09.14 - 02:03am
they can be but at least samsung has trimmed the touch whizz down a bit where the S5 is concerned, although that doesnt stop the Htc one m8 from being more responsive than the S5 in general use. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Symbian Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search