! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

ADVICE - Page 1/2

Subject: ADVICE
Replies: 8 Views: 2616
> »
banbury 14.12.13 - 11:19pm
when the nokia N8 first came out my mate asked me for advice on symbian and whether he should choose it over android or i0s, knowing that this phone had to last him for quite a few years. I had no choice to sway him towards the other platforms because of symbians uncertain future * +

banbury 14.12.13 - 11:25pm
so what did he do? He bought an N8 and now hes winging cos the app store wont get any updates or new apps as from next year. He went in maplins the other day winging that a radio control helicopter doesnt work with symbian. But he says android and ios are s**t, He says they make him sick lol. I Think hes covering for his big mistake dont you think? When I Got my note 3 he asked if it was android and when I said yes he called it junk lol * +

banbury 14.12.13 - 11:29pm
now I liked the old symbian but I had to advise him with the future in mind. What I dont understand is why he didnt listen to me, especially considering he respects my knowledge. Now I refuse to give him advice cos iam p*ssed off with hearing him winge about his N8 for one thing. * +

banbury 14.12.13 - 11:32pm
dont misunderstand me I like the N8 but When he asked my advice I had to think of his long term future with the platform knowing he wouldnt be able to replace it in the near future cos hes allways skint. But I Guess some people just have to be left to make their own mistakes so they can learn from them. * +

bigscoop 15.12.13 - 05:33am
if he dont like it tell him to ebay it if its good nick he'll maybe get near a 100 for itgood.gif last i sold was january near mint and got about 88 quid .just don't accept any offers chancers make offering 50 quids ,,,,,
busted ones often go for 45 ish * +

bigscoop 15.12.13 - 05:42am
i still buy nokia symbian phones iv currently got 5 nokia 700's ,a c7 a n97 mini a 5500 a 5230 a n90 a x6 ,,,just got so used to them duvet.gif no plans to do without atleast one s3 devic still thinking of getting a 701 and a 808pureview but carnt justify it at
sad.gife * +

banbury 19.12.13 - 03:48am
ive allways like symbian phones I find them quite interesting * +

polo_011 22.12.13 - 09:58pm
I can't even imagine using a Symbian in this day and age. Used to like Symbians a lot, had a few myself, the 5800xm and N8 were my last, both had decent HW for their time but fell incredibly short of their Android rivals in Display, CPU/GPU, RAM, Apps, Games and Dev community. Even the Nokia 808 falls short in most aspects ,with the Camera and FM Transmitter being its only two trump cards. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Symbian Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search