! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

*Install Error OS9* - Page 1/5

Subject: *Install Error OS9*
Replies: 35 Views: 8782
> »
stefdag 9.07.09 - 04:00pm
This topic covers the most common error messages you may come across while installing apps on your os9 phone and how you can solve the problem.
YOU CAN NOT INSTALL OS8 OS7 APPS.
Yep, there is nothing you can do about that one lol. Get OS9 apps:-) * +

YOU CAN NOT INSTALL THE MAJORITY OF APPLICATIONS.
If you have a new phone or you have formatted your phone, you have to change the default setting first so that you can install applications that are not Symbian Signed. (To answer your following question, no, that does not mean you can install unsigned applications, only that you can install applications that do not require Signing). * +

On your phone, open the Menu and go to Tools/App.mgr.(application manager) and click on options/settings. Change the Software installation to 'All' and the Online certificate check to 'Off'. * +

stefdag 9.07.09 - 04:01pm
CERT EXPIRED.
If you get this error while installing you have to reset your phone's date. Sometimes the date only needs to be reset a few months back and sometimes this could be a year or two.. To understand this you have to know that ALL OS9 apps/themes are signed with a certificate (if you want to know more about that read the 'what is hacking topic'). * +

Certificates are time limited for 3 years (some certs are valid for only one year) so that means if the Theme/App creator developed a theme in February 2006 and you tried to install it after February 2007, you will get a cert expired error. After installation you can set your phones date back to the present date. you will not have any problem to run the application. * +

CERTIFICATE ERROR CONTACT THE APPLICATION SUPPLIER.
You will need a certificate for your phone to install this application. read the 'get your own cert' topic to learn where and how to get a cert and then read the 'app signing' topic to learn how to use your certificate to sign applications. * +

stefdag 9.07.09 - 04:02pm
REQUIRED APPLICATION ACCESS NOT GRANTED.
Some apps are only for hacked phones. Owning a certificate does not grant access to some capability protected API's (read 'what is hacking' topic if you want more info). So if you want to install this app you have to hack your phone first. * +

stefdag 9.07.09 - 04:02pm
I think I have listed the most common errors we come across on our phones when we try to install an app. If you remember or know of any other errors or you think that something is not explained property, please let me know. and thanks dani for helping me with this :) * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-5
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Symbian Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search